Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NinerPilot said:
Might want to specify which part of NYC as its a big place... Im guessing if you are going for a fun trip, you would want something in or near Manhattan.
Chris
Good point. It would be for vacation/sightseeing/etc.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
When I went in December 2000, we stayed in Joisey (Morristown, actually) and took the train down town.. The H/Girls would be able to advise you on this better.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I don't know a lot about the city. Although I live 30 miles from Manhattan, I rarely go in. I would imagine that hotel prices are outrageous. You might consider Newfie's suggestion to stay in NJ and take a train across, or the ferry at Weehawkin. Sorry I'm not much more help. I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I live there/work there. You get what you pay for so get ready to get bent over. Oh, and lemme know when u get there and I can show you around or point you in the right direction. Anything by Central Park is 2-300/night. Anything downtown is the same. Anything in between is the same.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
If you are looking for an awesome place at a reasonable (considering it's New York that is) place, I recommend the Warwicke. Lot's of history, great friendly staff and they are willing to deal on some of their 1/2 upper floor suites. Most have patios with a view right out of the opening sequence of Law & Order.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I really like the Affinia family of hotels there. Not too expensive (by NYC standards!), and very comfortable. Basically apartments rather than hotel rooms, the ones I've stayed in have full kitchens, which enable you to save on food costs if you're going to be there a few days.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Of interest: George Harrision, Cary Grant and several other notables have lived (not just stayed) at the Warwick. WR Hearst built the place for his "Hollywood" friends when they stayed in NYC. The Beatles liked it because the lobby was small enough to keep the crowds to a minimum.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
look at some of the chains - i think there is a holiday inn and best western there. now if you want to spend a little more coinage check the sheraton/marriot/hilton. stay AWAY from the Hotel Pennsylvania. It is a european hotel and the rooms are small enough to stand on one end and shit on the other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts