Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First poster here!

Now, I'm buying a '93 CBR900RR with 20,XXX miles. Its ported and polished, and runs great, never been layed down... Im buying it from a friend for $2500. Is this too much, or am i getting a good deal here? :idunno:

And although I'm sure you will all flame this- but ill put it out there anyways. This is my first bike, and I'm 16. I get my license in March. Living in Michigan, i just have to take a course, and then go the rest of the route that a 18+yr old would take.

·
Registered
940 Posts
you should buy the bike and wait till your a little older since you have a license you should go to like a big empty parking lot and practices and get a goods feel for the bike for like a couple of weeks or months then go to the street when you think your ready and drive street for like 1 to 2 months before you think of going to to the freeway and you should be good but that's what i think but you should get more advice from older people because im like 17 going to 18

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, ill probably be riding with my friend i'm getting it from, and I love just cruising around. Ive spent a LOT money just driving around in a car- i go everywhere, so i feel a bike is a good investment- i also grew up with my dad riding me around on his. But, i will do a lot of riding on back roads, and i would like to find a parking lot and get permission to ride on it so i can practice whatever.
I'm sure i could say I'm never going to 'stunt' in anyway, but we all know that would be a lie, and besides, I'm a 16 year old male. So a parking lot would be great for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts