Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I dunno. I have been thinking about buying some $hitty car like a XR4Ti, old CRX or something like that, and gutting it, doing the JY motor thing, fabbing up a cage and some suspension parts on my own and having a cheap, fast economical beater for around town....that I could also take to an open track day an work on my cage skills without caring much if I binned it.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luvtolean : I dunno.  I have been thinking about buying some $hitty car like a XR4Ti, old CRX or something like that, and gutting it, doing the JY motor thing, fabbing up a cage and some suspension parts on my own and having a cheap, fast economical beater for around town....that I could also take to an open track day an work on my cage skills without caring much if I binned it.
Good Point...

'whoops I hit a phone pole with my 85 civic' sounds way better then '#^@%^@%! I hit a phone pole with my 03 M3'

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Hehe, yeah. I read an article where in a mag recently these guys get the same amount of dollars as the year ($2003 this year) to build a car for a competition that drags and roadraces them. Some people got into the 11's in the quarter and turned respectable times on the roadcourse.

That would make for the perfect commuter car. Go ahead, cut me off! I dare ya!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
you know I compare these guys parts prices and return on investment, ie HP, and dollar for dollar, Hp to HP and 5.0 Mustang parts are cheaper and yield better results. Afterall, 500.00 for an exhaust and only 3 hp, PAHLEASE!!!!! single exhaust at that. Find an old Fox stang and go that route,...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Hehe...I have a 92 Fox Mustang that is an ex-CHP car.  It has most of the Griggs suspension catalog on it and the next project is the brakes to put my Cobra R rims on.  So, I completely agree.

But that car is a toy, not a commuter.  I want something that I don't care about, and gets good gas milage.  It certainly wouldn't be getting any fart can exhaust on it....the idea is cheap!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
showmethebombs : Quote (luvtolean @ Aug. 01 2003, 12:32pm)I dunno.  I have been thinking about buying some $hitty car like a XR4Ti, old CRX or something like that, and gutting it, doing the JY motor thing, fabbing up a cage and some suspension parts on my own and having a cheap, fast economical beater for around town....that I could also take to an open track day an work on my cage skills without caring much if I binned it.
Good Point...

'whoops I hit a phone pole with my 85 civic' sounds way better then '#^@%^@%!  I hit a phone pole with my 03 M3'
yeah, but the M3 deserves it

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bubba : Quote (showmethebombs @ Aug. 01 2003, 1:13pm)Quote (luvtolean @ Aug. 01 2003, 12:32pm)I dunno.  I have been thinking about buying some $hitty car like a XR4Ti, old CRX or something like that, and gutting it, doing the JY motor thing, fabbing up a cage and some suspension parts on my own and having a cheap, fast economical beater for around town....that I could also take to an open track day an work on my cage skills without caring much if I binned it.
Good Point...

'whoops I hit a phone pole with my 85 civic' sounds way better then '#^@%^@%!  I hit a phone pole with my 03 M3'
yeah, but the M3 deserves it
Hater!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts