Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this noise since having the bike , it sounds like its from the air box area and is more noticeable on throttle. I have a k and n fitted if that has anything to do with it ? . Any suggestions out there , was thinking the flapper was making the noise or the filter not seating properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you sure thats not just the induction noise youre hearing? Has the flapper mod been done?

After I removed the flapper, I noticed a heap more induction noise on throttle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought there wasn't any induction noise seeing as the 929 has no ram air fitted? . Its not there at tick over , only when the throttle's being used. Its hard to describe the actual noise and loads of people say to ditch the kn filter. I thought the flapper might be vibrating or the filter not seated and possibly the air box cover leaking air in/out. I've not done the flapper mod ,there's mixed views about it anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
An engine doesnt need ram air fitted to have induction noise. Think of all them honda civics running around with pod filters on them. You can hear the induction roar from a mile away.

After I fitted my KnN filter, the first thing I noticed was the massive increase in induction noise. It is more noticeable because the filter breathes alot easier than OEM filters, which allows more air down the stacks, thus making more power. If you are so concerned, refit the OEM filter and see if that changes it. Personally, I love the sound of that deep roar at full throttle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts