Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for you all.

Everyone has their own fav can. I want to know which can has the deepest note on a 954? I don't care about making more power or being loud. I want deep, throaty rumble from my 54.

Any comments? I have been told by the shops that the Yosh will give a deep note, but the ones I've heard I was not that impressed with. I'm sure I've heard deeper on a blade.

Look forward to some suggestions.

Cheers

Nigel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When does your bike arrive Zee? Jan shipment? Any chance you could record and post the sound? :thumb:

Cheers

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I used to have a Madaz muffler (sold it to Zop) it had a rather deep note but not too loud when riding, I think it sounded better than my hindle does

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
johnnycrash said:
I think my Devil is pretty deep. Deeper than my buddies Jardine, anyway.
I was going to say Jardine, but I guess the Devil beats it. Two Bros also has a deep, throaty bark, but as a lot of you know ;) , I despise that company. M4s and Erions are also pretty deep-sounding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a sound file on http://www.mcnews.com.au/ under (feature articles/muffler comparison) of several different cans on a 929 run on a dyno, but they rev the engine differently so it's hard to compare. The best sound out of those was a micron, but that may be cause it was recorded it in the lower revs??

So many choices!

Nigel

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a Two Bros slip on and my buddy has a Micron slip on, both on 929's. The Micron is definitly deeper without being any louder. I haven't heard the Arata or Jardine on a 929 or 54.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bennie Da Blade said:
There is a sound file on http://www.mcnews.com.au/ under (feature articles/muffler comparison) of several different cans on a 929 run on a dyno, but they rev the engine differently so it's hard to compare. The best sound out of those was a micron, but that may be cause it was recorded it in the lower revs??

So many choices!

Nigel
Devil exhaust has a sample sound of their pipe on a 954. Figment has a devil pipe on his 954, sounds good!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the decision was made for me, and I have NO complaints. My wonderful woman must have been listening to me in my sleep, cause look what she got me for Christmas. :eek:

And the sound is perfect!! :rotfl: :D

Cheers

Nigel

·
Registered
522 Posts
Bennie Da Blade said:
Well, the decision was made for me, and I have NO complaints. My wonderful woman must have been listening to me in my sleep, cause look what she got me for Christmas. :eek:

And the sound is perfect!! :rotfl: :D

Cheers

Nigel
WOW! Lucky you! :thumb:
Although I can't tell what brand it is. :huh:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have heard and ridden Arata, and they are deep, but not as much as the Micron sound clips I have heard. In fact, the Arata did not sound very "special".

I have always "heard" Micron has a deep sound down low, and absolutely screams up top. Hopefully that's true!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts