Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He came by today I think I'll let him stay a while
First it was the Diablo's now The Devil, Red & Black, hope I'm not going to Hell

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First impressions finish not as good as I had hoped for sloppy welds mid pipe not well polished lots of bending marks but thats all me looking way to close

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the bike it's fantastic, sound is Great, makes my ride that much better nice deep sound feels alittle stronger. I'm Happy

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Damn, that's quite a dump he took on your garage floor

Looks good

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Keith1K : Hey Red Rider, nice bike. what kind of seat cowl is that?
It's a Targa. I haven't gotten around to painting it all red to match the rear fairing yet. Fortunately, in the pic you can't see the rash all over the bike. I figure as soon as I repaint/replace the plastic I'll just dump it on the track again!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
The last time I saw that bike it was rashless... and Ohlinless, too. So what happened and where?? Not on the backwards Grattan day, I hope. (I have enough problems facing forward...)

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
And, to reply to the thread, nice exhaust, guys. How much louder than stock?

And aren't you concerned with explanations at St Peter's gate?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Not Grattan...the Mid-Ohio jinx bit me again!

As for the sound, it's pretty throaty (that's what she said! )! I guess Devil is pretty popular in Europe. I noticed Sete Gibernau has a Devil emblem on his RSV, but I doubt whether the exhaust is really made by them...might just be paid sponsorship.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
So on a scale of 1= too quiet ( stock) and 10 = too loud (D&D), where dou you feel this falls ? And in the system Keith shows, which appears to retain the HTEV, is there any performance benefit? (weight, power)  Or are we just talkin' sex here ?

Next on Jerry Springer-- Red Rider, thrice bitten at the big M-O, true American persistence? Or slow learner ?  

I joke, knowing you're a much more accomplished rider than me, but dude, go to Road America next year!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CBRVFR : So on a scale of 1= too quiet ( stock) and 10 = too loud (D&D), where dou you feel this falls ? And in the system Keith shows, which appears to retain the HTEV, is there any performance benefit? (weight, power)  Or are we just talkin' sex here ?
mostly just sex I didn't weight it but it is much lighter than stock, maybe 8 pounds, they say 3-5 hp it does feel better, sound I'd say 6 or 7 deep sound not annoying you won't be disappointed with it. it does retain the HTEV so you don't lose any low end.
what I did was buy a mid pipe off eBay for 30 bucks saved me 100.00 off the 3/4 system because I wanted to keep my stock system intact. it does fit cali and federal spec bikes I think the cali pipe works best because it's about 1 3/4 inches shorter from where you cut the pipe so the can doesn't stick out as far, more flush with the taillight

·
Registered
595 Posts
Keith1K : On the bike it's fantastic, sound is Great, makes my ride that much better nice deep sound feels alittle stronger. I'm Happy

Very nice! I am considering getting a 3/4 system for my bike. Did you get a PCIII for this exhaust? Is the PCIII necessary?

It really looks sharp!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no and no just reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.
A power commanded would make the throttle smoother and probably add a little power and better gas mileage too, but thats not high on my list of mods
My 929 is way fast enough for me

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks for the info! Who did you get the exhaust from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts