Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have this prob what is the recommended stuff to use to seal it up?The leak isn't bad,but with riding season approaching here in VA it's time to fix the prob.
BTW it's 3/4 system the leak is not at the HTEV it's more to rear where they slip together and clamp.
Just not sure what would hold up well. :huh:
Thanx for your help friends. :smilebig:

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Get some silicone from ACE or somewhere and if you can take it apart, silicone one the inside and put it back together. If not, I guess you can put a small amount on the outside and make it look the best you can. I bought some today for my Hindle install and got some to make the gaskets inside the connections, thats what the directions called for.

·
Registered
160 Posts
SilverBullet said:
Get some silicone from ACE or somewhere and if you can take it apart, silicone one the inside and put it back together. If not, I guess you can put a small amount on the outside and make it look the best you can. I bought some today for my Hindle install and got some to make the gaskets inside the connections, thats what the directions called for.
I think SB means the High Temp Exhaust Silent/Gasket stuff right?

I have the Devil half system and had the same problem. I did what SB said to do..... Buy the high temp gasket sealant, take the exhaust system apart and apply a coat of it in the inside where the two pipes comes apart and put it back together. I also put a bead of it around the section where the pipe fits into the exhaust can...then wiped of the remainder. But I forgot to mention which will help is....before you start all this. Start you bike and take some soapy water and apply it to the areas where you think you have the leak. Gust like on a tire... where ever you see bubbles is where you have the leak. Then start to apply the sealant to the problem areas. I think you will see a big difference Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did what 954spider did and it works great. I just used some high temp exhaust sealant I got from Auto Zone.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice.It's going up to 55 Saturday and 61 Sunday,
nows the time to do the job. :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts