Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased a 03 954rr yesterday and it has a devil highmount exhaust on it. Carbon fiber. Ive searched the internet and cannot find them. All Im wondering is, is this a good exhaust. I love the looks of the highmounts and the carbon fiber. I also love how much trunk space this bike has.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I've heard that Micron is the best for the 954rr. But then again, who knows? If you're not racing, and don't care about if this can gives you +/- HP, then its all about looks and sound. If you like the looks/sound of it, then yes, its a good can.
I personally had a 2 bros carbon on my '02 954rr. I liked it. My brother had a micron. Couldn't tell the diff. in performance, but mine had a slightly deeper note (probably due to the Carbon Fiber vs. Titanium)
Besides, whats a good can to me may not be for you. Its all personal preference and they are all better than stock :thumb:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ive had a lot on my 929rr I had. 2 Bro, Micron, Art, D&D, Erion. Ive always like the sound of Devil and the looks. I had a Micron Serpant Carbon Fiber Exhaust and PcIII and it made a huge difference. Of the above cans the Micron made the most Horsepower and the D&D made the most noise. The erion had the best balance. If you like the looks and sound of your pipe than stick with it. They may not be around anymore. I heard Micron is no longer around either. Ive tried so many pipes to find the right sound and look all I can suggest if your happy. Its just a slip on so its not going to make a huge power difference just keep it. The Devils are nice and deep only few other pipes can offer that deep throatyness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. Yeah I like the deeper tone so I shouldnt have any problem with this exhaust. Thanks A lot.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I believe Toce makes an exhaust for 600rr's. But I wish they would make one for the 1000RR, they did a custom set for the R1's and it is just SICK! Lowest rumble I've ever heard on a IL4. Almost sounds like a twin at idle....almost.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've heard that Micron is the best for the 954rr. But then again, who knows? If you're not racing, and don't care about if this can gives you +/- HP, then its all about looks and sound. If you like the looks/sound of it, then yes, its a good can.
I personally had a 2 bros carbon on my '02 954rr. I liked it. My brother had a micron. Couldn't tell the diff. in performance, but mine had a slightly deeper note (probably due to the Carbon Fiber vs. Titanium)
Besides, whats a good can to me may not be for you. Its all personal preference and they are all better than stock :thumb:
:plus1: on that.

If it aint for performance, looks and sound are all you need to keep you smiling :thumb:

Devil are a big enough company, so quality should not be an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts