Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya group

Next week I'm going to a 3-day trip to Greece's one and only proper race track. Because 3 consecutive days at the track is probably going to be too much for my Diablos, I'm thinking of fitting new rubber for the trip...

The Diablo is an excelent tire but I prefer to fit track-day rubber and save the pair that I wear now for winter.

So.. it's either gonna be the Supercorsas (1 front, 2 rear), or the new Diablo Corsas.

My main concern is whether (or how) these tyres will alter the handling (and feel) of my 954 due their radical profiles and stiff carcasses. I've read somewhere (maybe in this forum)that they share the same carcass but the DCs use the SC's compound 3 sidewalls.

Has anyone from the group tried them on a stock 954?
I would really appreciate some feedback.

Anyway.. check out some pics from Sunday's blast. First time I really touched my knee on public asphalt. Weeeeeee!!!!

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I can't answer the DC/SC question, as I run the Diablos as well. Great pictures though. Aren't you concerned about dragging a knee around a corner that has a guard-rail right off of the road?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ER : Aren't you concerned about dragging a knee around a corner that has a guard-rail right off of the road?
errmm .. yes .. the thought of losing it and sliding to a possible decapitation was a bit unnerving but I was feeling immature enough

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm currently running Metzeler Rennsport 'standard' model (no RS-1/2/3 in it). It is called 'Rennsport Streetrace' here. To my understanding it is very same tire that Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa (again without specific SC-code) but with a little different thread pattern. Basically everyone taking track days with street bikes are running Rennsport Streetrace or Dragon Supercorsa here. Very few of us need actual race tires (like Rennsport RS-1/2/3 or Supercorsa SC-1/2/3) and these streetrace tires offer way more grip than over 90 % of us can use. I haven't seen them in US web stores though so I don't know if you have them available.

My bike is bone-stock 954 (with damper added) and I'm more than happy with my Rennsports. Changing to them from OEM BT012 improved my bike enermously on the track. Less wear, better grip, faster steering...

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Great pics...but those trees don't look too friendly, especially if you tuck the front.

·
Registered
925 Posts
SC1/2 are excellent track tires--the others are more in-betweeners--NOt sure how many days you have done--just a few either is probably fine--but if you want max grip definitely the SC1/2 combo

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
OT - nice pics... and those roads seem delightfully wide (read: runoff )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts