Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 954 exhaust on e-bay for my 929, and the guy claims it was a 49 state. When I got it I noticed the honycomb looking block (aka catalytic converter) inside the can. Also, I saw a small weld in the shape of a circle about where the oxygen sensor mount would have been. Are these things normal, or is it a modified cali. model?

Thank you for your input and knowledge.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The cone is stock on the 929 I know for sure.Just take a dremel and cut the damn thing off... The weld could be anything..... :idunno:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know what you are talking about whith the 'cone' on the end of the mid-pipe, that was already cut off, but I was trying to ask about inside the 'can'. If you look up into it where the mid-pipe connects, is it normal to see a catalytic converter looking thing?
Also, I have a 929, and there is no cat if I look into the can where the midpipe connects.
Thanks for your reply, though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
bullsnake said:
When I got it I noticed the honycomb looking block (aka catalytic converter) inside the can. Also, I saw a small weld in the shape of a circle about where the oxygen sensor mount would have been. .
What you describe is exactly what the CA-model 954 exhaust I have in my garage looks like....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts