Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday some friends from work and I took a ride north to McCall, Idaho, with some of their friends - all on Hardleys or Hardley wannabees, except me of course. About 15 bikes altogether. We took a load of stuffed animals to deliver to kids at a Muscular Dystrophy camp up there.

A beautiful day, a fun ride, although man those cruisers are slow! I'm glad we split up on the way back so I could have some actual fun in the twisties!

It was great to see the look on the kids faces in receiving the gifts we brought, but especially seeing their reactions to the various motorcycles. Of course, the Fireblade was by far the most popular. They all wanted to sit on it and have their picture taken. Other than a few fingerprints on my tank   it was a really nice experience.

One of these bikes is not like the others...

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Great cause...It's always great to see our many facets(motorcyclists as a whole) come together for a good cause.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those poor kids in wheelchairs will never know the pleasures of motorcycling, we should all feel fortunate to be alive and healthy.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bwhip,
That rocks! I am part of the Big Brothers Program(ANYONE THAT WANTS INFO PM ME, OTHER THAN FATHERHOOD THIS IS THE SHNIZZLE AND WE NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS PM ME NOW,)and I know the humbleness(word?) of giving to those less fortunate than myself. As an aside...Cougar Lodge...brings back memories....two stateies and a lot of blue smoke...man I'm glad those days are done.

J

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Great job, well done, It would of made those kids day to see the bike and get the presents.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Great to see a good post for a change. Bravo to you and all the people who gave to the less fortunate. Now let's get to the business. Did you get to smoke that V-Rod behind you?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I too am greatly out numbered in my area. My father has a HD and I go on most (as many as I can) of the toy runs and benifit rides around here. Nice job!! more sport riders should get involved.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bigtoe : ...Now let's get to the business.  Did you get to smoke that V-Rod behind you?
DESTROYED the V-Rod. On the way there we had to pass a camper and I was right behind the V. When he went to pass it was fairly blind but I told myself 'I'm following him around no matter how little room there is.' Got right on his tail as we made the pass with another car coming our way. I wound up going around him just to be safer because he was too damn slow!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Nice going bwhip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts