Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut off a majority of the heat shield and I polished the end tip of the exhaust. IMO it makes the stock exhaust look a lot better, and it only took a couple of hours.

For the heat shield I took off the tail and marked the heat shield with a sharpie. I then dremelled it off and filed down the edges so it was smooth. After that I used the black sharpie marker to mark the edge of the heatshield where I cut to disguise it more... the black marker really hid the heat shield after I put the tail back on!

I had the exhaust tip end polished shiny, but I decided to sand it down with some ultrafine paper to give it more of a brushed aluminum look like the swingarm.

Pics go in order so click left to right to see what was done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Not too bad. Now put a POLINI sticker on it and start taking orders as the only distributor in the U.S. :rotfl:

·
Registered
453 Posts
well, it looks better than leaving that shiled with the holes in it ... if the whole pipe could be polished to a mirror like finish while cleaning up the seam of the pipe, i could live with it if i wanted to keep the stock pipe

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That looks real cool, if you're into that hold "owning a hot ass CBR 1000RR" thing.

Sorry I’m just jealous.

Nice work!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts