Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I cruised up to my house today, and that is what I heard "didn't hear you". Well, I didn't like that. If they couldn't hear me pull up to the house, I imagine many auto drivers won't neither.
Now I want to get a pipe, I don't want it loud, that annoys the hell out of me, just louder then my stock pipe. I drive a 954RR. Don't want a full system, just a slip-on will suffice. Any suggestions out there? All are welcome. I'm a newbie.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like my Erion bolt-on. With the PCIII and an off the net map, I saw a 6 hp increase on the dyno, same day, same dyno. Here is a link from when I was scuffing in my Diablo's, give you an idea of the sound.

Big Video, not anything to write home about though.

diablo scuff on the 954

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G-Force Junkie said:
Just what LA needs, another annoying bike exhaust note. What wrong with stealth? A pipe is going to do nothing to shield you from the hoards of idiots around here.

edit: typos
It's just personal preference for me. I have no qualms about others having them loud pipes on, to each is own. My past experiences while I'm driving my car to work, on bumper to bumper traffic, I can sometimes hear the sound of a motorcycle near, with a louder then usual pipe on, before I actually see them in my mirrors. It makes me aware, although you're right, it won't shield me from the hoards of idiots out there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like my jardine, though I didn't have a hand in choosing it -- it came on the bike. Loud, but I like how it sounds. Personally, I prefer the sound of fiberglass packing over stainless, though if it were up to me, I'd probably choose stainless for the convenience. At some point down the road, I know a repack is in my future, which is not a job I look forward to.

·
Registered
332 Posts
resuscit8u said:
I like my Erion bolt-on. With the PCIII and an off the net map, I saw a 6 hp increase on the dyno, same day, same dyno. Here is a link from when I was scuffing in my Diablo's, give you an idea of the sound.

Big Video, not anything to write home about though.

diablo scuff on the 954
I'm a big fan of the Erion slip-on/PCIII as well. I have one on my 954 and had one on my CBR 600 F4. IMO, it's the best of both worlds - stealthy enough near where I live when I short shift and satisyingly loud when I accelerate hard.

When you order direct from Erion Racing in SoCal - they give a 10% discount for HRC members.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts