Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what is the difference in cbr 900rr fireblade and cbr 954rr, r their looks different? or how can one tell whether the bike is a 900rr or a 954 rr? i just bought a yellow purple one its a 2003 model the dealer told me that its a 954rr but i doubt as i saw pictures of 900rr on a website it looks like the same.

regards
marc gujral:confused:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
If it's a 2003, then it is a 954. The actual model name from Honda (look at your VIN sticker on the frame) is still CBR900RR.
In North America (and other parts of the globe), the common model name it went by is CBR954RR, while it was still known as a Honda Fireblade in other still parts of the world.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant tell still.....the manufacturing year in papers is 2003 but u know dealers here in india can make fake papers it can be a 2002 model n by giving bribe to authority persons they can print 2003 here in my country. so tell me where in from the bike i can see n tell the difference?

marc gujral

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's no sticker or decal on my bike on that side, maybe it's been removed or missing...dont know but now i doubt the dealer has cheated me...the registration papers say its a 2003 954 but as i told u already that in my country u can even get a suzuki hayabusa written on the registration papers of a honda bike.....any other thing which i can check,,,,? i opened the rear seat n there found a sticker where HONDA900rr2 is written with the colour code being yellow Y163P...

:( m really worried now,,,,,

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for saying that .....phew.....but is it a 2003 model 'cause i cant find this color scheme in 2003, its coming in 2002.....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I believe that to be a 2002 bike, European/Australian colour scheme.

Plenty of 2002 specification bikes were sold in 2003 so I wouldn't worry about it. There is no difference between the bikes manufactured in those two years apart from the colours, and in some markets, the left hand switch gear i.e. headlight hard wired on for 2003.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
9uno9 said:
that doesnt look like a900rr, you need glasses
just type 900rr in google.com images section n it will show u the pics of the bike n m sure after that u'll need glasses to tell the diff.....

dont mind neway

·
Registered
19 Posts
In fact, the Fireblade (900RR) is the Europenam model, the 954 is the US model.
About the cc there was a 918, 929 and 954...but the bik still the CBR for US and Fireblade for Europe.
Diferences:
Fireblade have HISS (Honda Ignition Security System) CBR954 not:plus1:
CBR954 43T, Fireblade have 42T rear sprocket more top end...:plus1:
Fireblade and CBR954 have diferents injection maps:eek:
Fireblade have passing lights CBR954 not :eyebrows:
Fireblade have parking lights :huh:
Fireblade can shut down lights...Stealth fly..jajaja!!!
in resume...the Fireblade is the one!:clap:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Proto, that's a 900 series, but it's not a 900 in terms of the subject at hand. That is unless you have changed all the bodywork.

I would say that is a 954.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks lucho m not getting the proper word but thats an important information to be noticed, thanks again....now i can say i know some deep information about the 954...

marc gujral:thumb: :plus1:

lucho said:
In fact, the Fireblade (900RR) is the Europenam model, the 954 is the US model.
About the cc there was a 918, 929 and 954...but the bik still the CBR for US and Fireblade for Europe.
Diferences:
Fireblade have HISS (Honda Ignition Security System) CBR954 not:plus1:
CBR954 43T, Fireblade have 42T rear sprocket more top end...:plus1:
Fireblade and CBR954 have diferents injection maps:eek:
Fireblade have passing lights CBR954 not :eyebrows:
Fireblade have parking lights :huh:
Fireblade can shut down lights...Stealth fly..jajaja!!!
in resume...the Fireblade is the one!:clap:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts