Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
746 Posts
same specs but the ECU's are different..no restrictions on the UK bikes. don't Think there's anything else..but I'm sure jazz and everyone else across the pond is gonna point out every little detail haha

· Premium Member
32,104 Posts
same specs but the ECU's are different..no restrictions on the UK bikes. don't Think there's anything else..but I'm sure jazz and everyone else across the pond is gonna point out every little detail haha

I thought the Euro bikes had more power and were faster than the US bikes though?

· Registered
3,890 Posts
They may be a couple of mph quicker on the top end due to not having the 300k limit. Other than that and the HISS system, they're about the same with the exception of colour schemes.

· Premium Member
32,104 Posts
They may be a couple of mph quicker on the top end due to not having the 300k limit. Other than that and the HISS system, they're about the same with the exception of colour schemes.

I mean, I thought I recalled threads with US guys trying to find the extra 10hp that the Euro bikes had.

· Registered
746 Posts
I thought the Euro bikes had more power and were faster than the US bikes though?
I mean, I thought I recalled threads with US guys trying to find the extra 10hp that the Euro bikes had.

was it the thread where a guy was trying to reflash his ECU? I remember a dude talkin about sending his ECM to a company that would reflash it to gain 10-15hp or somethin...cost him about 400 bucks though.

but they're might be more than that I just refuse to believe there's a difference...haha

· Premium Member
32,104 Posts
was it the thread where a guy was trying to reflash his ECU? I remember a dude talkin about sending his ECM to a company that would reflash it to gain 10-15hp or somethin...cost him about 400 bucks though.

but they're might be more than that I just refuse to believe there's a difference...haha

Not sure, I just recall asking a guy why it mattered if the Euro bikes had more power unless he was expecting to be riding his bike alongside a bunch of Europeans :)

· Premium Member
4,172 Posts
This is good info. I am presently in Germany. I own a 08 CBR1000RR with a few mod's. I have not shipped my bike here just yet. I plan to now, (not because of the info on this thread). In response to your spec's being the same and the ECU restrictions being different. Yes, the limits are different as in, the Euro spec bike is not limitted for top speed, as "are", the US spec bikes. I have been asking questions, (in reference to my bike and what it takes to get it here, and will it be accepted here, under what conditions and such), at local shops here where I live in Germany.
Details; My bike is set up with a TaylorMade exhaust, PC III USB, Ignition control module, ICR, K&N filter, and has been Dyno tuned. In my questioning of various shops this was brought up. I was told that if my bike stay's registered in the USA, (keeping the US tag upto date and registry with insurance, while holding Euro insurance also,), I can keep all my neet little mods on the bike while it is in Europe. SWEET!:evilaugh: On the other hand, it will be wise for me to bring all my stock parts along. Just for "confusion sake". I am told without stock parts on the bike, of the present state of tune, I will be riding a bike that is far more powerfull/faster than a Euro spec bike. If I have to, I can put on the stock parts for Customs check when I bring it into the country.
This being the case, I could have a very fast fun time, or just be enjoying the ride a little slower at top speed with stock parts.
I didn't quite exactly want to make this about me and my bike:cool:. I gave this comment to give a perspective from a point of view of import/export issue I am working on. I will have more accurate info on this matter in the very near future.:)
I think the extra 10 hp thought to be had by Euro spec bikes may just be the fact that they are not electronically ("Top speed") limitted like the US spec bike. This is due in part by the fact that the highway system here has faster speeds allowed, as in, sosme area's of the Auotbaughn are actually unlimitted speed. I know this because, it has become very apparrent sometimes while traveling at 230kmhr, (top speed of my present BMW car), and being passed by a Porche 911, ( or equivalent other vehicle), going so fast that I felt like I was going backwards.;)

· Registered
3,810 Posts
I think the extra 10 hp thought to be had by Euro spec bikes may just be the fact that they are not electronically ("Top speed") limitted like the US spec bike. This is due in part by the fact that the highway system here has faster speeds allowed, as in, sosme area's of the Auotbaughn are actually unlimitted speed. I know this because, it has become very apparrent sometimes while traveling at 230kmhr, (top speed of my present BMW car), and being passed by a Porche 911, ( or equivalent other vehicle), going so fast that I felt like I was going backwards.;)
It's Autobahn and don't be afraid of spelling it out - US roads are sheit compared to German roads.:smilebig:

Where in Germany are you?

· Premium Member
4,172 Posts
It's Autobahn and don't be afraid of spelling it out - US roads are sheit compared to German roads.:smilebig:

Where in Germany are you?
I'm in Bavaria, north of Munich, A place called Ingolstadt. I support a German gov. interest. That's probably all I should tell in detail. Its very nice here. I really need to learn the language. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts