Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my bike back after having the oil rings done ! when I got home I saw the coolant level was low. the coolant in the bike is the factory honda coolant (Green). Can I add some castrol SF antifreeze which is pink.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Orange or pink a/f usually indicates the extended life type. If the bike didn't come with it, don't use it as it contains silicates. Plus it'll make a crappy colour in the tank. Stick with good quality aluminum compatible green a/f mixed 50/50 with distilled water.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Orange or pink a/f usually indicates the extended life type. If the bike didn't come with it, don't use it as it contains silicates. Plus it'll make a crappy colour in the tank. Stick with good quality aluminum compatible green a/f mixed 50/50 with distilled water.
:plus1:Go green!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Isn't the different colours for different temperatures?

For some reason VW are using red instead of blue, never looked into it to be honest.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If they sell it out there I recommend doing a coolant flush and useing Liquid Performance RED. If not I'm pretty sure it's available online though I would have to look.

I put it in my 03' 954 and it dropped the running temp by 9 degrees. It's also track approved here in the states so there is no need to mess with distilled water and water wetter. It's only about 2 bucks more expensive then regular coolant here in the states.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts