Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to put a order in for some parts on the on board computer project. I am planning on getting some scope probes, panel mounted LEDS, standoffs, and rubber grommets. Also some connectors and maybe cabling. Does anyone have experience with these guys? Any tips? They seem very recommended in the geek world :D

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
No tips, but they're the first place we go for components.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are the place to go for component parts. Probably the cheapest you will find with the biggest selection. I would buy from them again before I would try some fly by night no name company. Buy with confidence.:O

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
tips?? hmm, anything you want they have, fast shipping? Not sure what you're asking??:idunno:

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
I've used them personally and professionally, and they have never let me down. Recommended them to anyone looking for components/parts as they are usually decent with costs and what they lose for pricing they make up for low minimums (no, in most cases) and insane availability.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SomeStrangeGuy said:
I've used them personally and professionally, and they have never let me down. Recommended them to anyone looking for components/parts as they are usually decent with costs and what they lose for pricing they make up for low minimums (no, in most cases) and insane availability.
:thumb: thanks guys. Kind of what I expected to hear. On some of the sensors companies the delivery rep is spotty so I thought I would ask on these guys.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Digikey is #1 on customer service and reliable delivery on a large inventory. Excellent company if your job depends on it.

Jameco is cheaper and with prices to please the hobbyist, but doesn't have every part like Digikey. Never had any problems with this company and they were great for school projects.

Hey, did you ever compile a custom kernel for your TS7200 that works? I got my new board and that's about the only thing holding me back. I'm fixing this tiny board up with goodies like a $100 4GB microdrive, $12 USB audio, a 2 axis g sensor, and all kinds of stuff I can find. All these i/o pins have so many possibilities!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dattaway said:
Digikey is #1 on customer service and reliable delivery on a large inventory. Excellent company if your job depends on it.

Jameco is cheaper and with prices to please the hobbyist, but doesn't have every part like Digikey. Never had any problems with this company and they were great for school projects.

Hey, did you ever compile a custom kernel for your TS7200 that works? I got my new board and that's about the only thing holding me back. I'm fixing this tiny board up with goodies like a $100 4GB microdrive, $12 USB audio, a 2 axis g sensor, and all kinds of stuff I can find. All these i/o pins have so many possibilities!
I got hung up on why /dev/hda no longer mounts when I am working from flash. I will likely not need a custom kernel as the only addition I need is wireless and I should be able to do this using a module :thumb: Not sure the drive issue but since I can still see it (at /dev/ide/.......) I am over it (for now) and planning on compiling the test app for the LCD then testing the Garmin to COM2 connection before getting a better board (GPS 18/5Hz).

Eventually I will also need to decide if I am running off the CF card or out of flash. Also I need to configure startup to be more automated (preferably no password).

This question is to get some stuff to get a basic system and make my plexiglass box with :thumb:

EDIT: Digikey seems to have more complete specs online than Jameco also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts