Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few meetings over the last few days. The one with the wife went well and basically she thought it was best that I don't take it but she would support whatever I decided to do. Last night I had dinner with the person I would report to and the person who's position I would be taking. I found out the travel would be more extensive than I thought, but there were many other perks. I declined the offer, but was given the option to consult on some projects for a flat rate we will determine. My wife is going to look into unpaid leave to spend some more time at home without causing a hardship to anyone that would be affected by this. I'm pretty happy and I need a track day!

Thanks for the advice/experience that was shared with me. It really halped me think through this before doing what I knew I had to. Talk to my wife.

Bill

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
As long as you're happy Bill, your family will be happy. Glad to see you made a choice after you spoke with the wife. So I say now that you are so happy, do that track day and express your true happiness. Congrats!

Dano

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Congrats on the decision. The flat rate consulting probably isn't a bad thing. Good way to get experience, learn, and heck maybe it'll help you with stuff in your own business. Not to mention it could be what you need to keep the wife at home.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bubba : leave NJ NOW, do not stay here another day. bad decision, LEAVE NOW
At least let me wait till the end of the week Bubba. The weather is supposed to be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts