Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all you people that ride dirty bars obviously dont blast around in inner city traffic very much. i just tried that **** for the first time on this fighter i picked up, im going straight back to clipons

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
all you people that ride dirty bars obviously dont blast around in inner city traffic very much. i just tried that **** for the first time on this fighter i picked up, im going straight back to clipons
ooo ya big girls blouse.. It's a doddle with 'em on a bike!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lsl dirty bar kit including everything that comes with one

2 extended braided lines

bars - mint, never down

upper trip obviously with taller risers

all the little washers and bits and pieces, everything there is.

300$

will take close up pics, virtually no use, triple is mint, bars are mint, its perfect, dont want it.

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
I can't believe you'v only tried it the once and have written the bars off :idunno:

You would soon learn how good they can be if you tried it a few more times, and maybe with a bit more of an open mind than you have at present..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive been riding a nighthawk 750 for 10 years with giant wide ass dirty bars on it, i buy and sell motorcycles for a living, and i commute on gs500s almost exclusively. i love them on standards and cruisers and choppers - ass on a sportbike. this bike is getting a customized arata full titanium, rpm mod, custom map, non 954 tail/sub, and 08 1krr bodywork with a custom fiberglass air duct system, complete 07 1000rr front end, 1000rr rims, 520 kit, flat black paint all around, and pced swinger, braided lines, rearsets, and thats it.

if anyone wants the lsl kit its 300$ shipped, hit me up

·
Registered
142 Posts
what exactly are the differences between dirty bars, flat bars, and the stock bars?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well it depends on how the conversation is going.

Drity bars in general are bars on a clipon bike.

Other ways to see it.
Dirty bars are something like Moose bars that are commonly used. Among other brands and are OEM for certain bikes like a speed triple.

Drag bars are commonly flat with little curve or "pull back"

Not sure on standard bars. I guess something like old GS, CB type stuff would be standard, but its a loose term at best.

Really when looking at bars you need to know what diameter the bar is 7/8 or 1in are probably the most common. Then you get the width, raise, and pull back to consider. You want to go find the biggest selection of choices for a bike. Start looking at bars. Then you also need to take into effect the height and angle of the triple and risers.

I started with dirty bars, and didnt care for the feel, and happened to ride with an fz1 and looked at the risers and measured and decided I wanted to try a set like the fz setup. Worked perfect for my taste and thats the main thing. What your comfy with and at 20-30 bucks its pretty easy to try different bars.

·
Registered
142 Posts
what's wrong with the stock setup? if you're not going for a street fighter i mean. if going SF i heard dirty bars are best. I was just wondering what all the hype was about.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Riding position for me.
I like riding, but getting to the point riding a crunched over all freaking day has gotten old. Only naked bikes worth having, I can have 3 or 4 bikes for less. Take a older gen race bike, build it to ride, and go. Good motor, suspension. Buy something like a fz6 or similar for what 6-7 grand.

Ive got 2k in my bike currently after selling all the pieces I didnt need. This is my first go so im reading and learning.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I find stock equipment of a bone stock "vintage" sportbike, like my 94 CBR900rr, is much more comfortable than the newer bikes. However, my VTX 1800 is much more comfortable than it but is twice as heavy. It's ok, but kind of a b-word to drive in town. The cbr is easier in town, but I doubt I'd put 1500 miles on it in a weekend. I'm not sure that bar height, or position on any sportbike is going to solve that issue. Just my two cents.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.