Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovery lifted off safely and here's a few pics from the backyard about 35 miles due west of the cape.

Night launches don't photograph well from this distance but you guys get the idea of the great view we had.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never heard the boom at take off.:idunno:

The night landings wake us up when they double boom while we sleep upstairs. The whole house shakes.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man, I was disappointed the other night when they scrubbed the launch, and I missed it last night right after getting in from work. NASA works against me. =(

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did hear that one first hand and saw it with my own eyes. :down: The teacher on board was one of my brother's teachers. We had just moved to FL the year before.....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have seen about a dozen launches and about half a dozen or so landings. I used to work at KSC. When you work there, you are able to walk out in front of the Launch Control Center to watch. That spot is closer than the private viewing area. Or course the best of all is night launch.

I also got to work/walk inside/outside of the crawler. I cannot begin to tell you how gigundous that thing is. Inside the VAB is pretty neat as well. Shuttles just hanging around in there.

If you are ever in Brevard County, visiting KSc is a must. The tour is well worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have seen about a dozen launches and about half a dozen or so landings. I used to work at KSC. When you work there, you are able to walk out in front of the Launch Control Center to watch. That spot is closer than the private viewing area. Or course the best of all is night launch.

I also got to work/walk inside/outside of the crawler. I cannot begin to tell you how gigundous that thing is. Inside the VAB is pretty neat as well. Shuttles just hanging around in there.

If you are ever in Brevard County, visiting KSc is a must. The tour is well worth the price of admission.

I've been on one tour about 16 years ago. I'm sure some things have changed with it but I've never made it back over for a tour. I remember it was pretty cheap too.:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts