Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody on another board posted this. Guess other countries are a bit more harsh when making their commercials. I'm sure its effective though.

Commercial about going too fast, a bit more graphic then we are used to in the USA but probably pretty accurate. SLOW DOWN a bit

YouTube - Anti speeding campaign

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, but I'm sure things like that just happen all the time. People try not to hit anything and wind up making it worse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
thats a pretty convincing commercial - wish they would show it over here...

ever notice how the speeders arent good drivers? theyre always the beaters

·
Banned
543 Posts
They probably got the idea from a bunch of actual accident reports. I have no problem with commercials like that if they are shown where small children won't see them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Small children wouldnt see them if they were on appropriate channels and the parents actually gave a rats ass what their kids watched. Commercials like these need to be shown everywhere and in every aspect not just speeding cars. If the American public werent such pussies and keep turning their heads the other way. People need to stand up and start talking about things. SPEAK OUT, LEARN, RESEARCH, STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE...****

·
Registered
419 Posts
Graphic anti speeding anti smoking commercials play all the time in Australia - We also had the famous 'grim reaper" AIDS commercialsin the 80's. They are not shy about any of that stuff out here - pedestrains getting hit, babies in prams - shocking stuff but they must work. We have autopsy shots of diseased lungs on our cigarette packs.... It's only a matter of time before they go after the fast food companies I am sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
To many sensors here. "Oh, What if our small children see it. They would be scared for life," Grow up. I have 8 year old kids trying to sell me drugs. Some people forget what it was like when we were kids. 2 year olds know what death is. We don't need to shield our kids from everything. They will learn it eventually and to pretend and hide things is just retarted. We need our kids to see this stuff and learn. We had the "this is your brain on drugs" commercials. This is the shock factor stuff that works. After all, it may help having a small kid in the back seat creaming "no speeding daddy, people can die"

Oh, also hit the animals. A dear can cause some damage but most other animals bounce right under the car with almost no underbody damage. If you swerve and hit a tree the insurance companies will not cover the damage. They will if the dear is dead on the ground. Who is to say there was an animal if they don't see one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts