Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wraped my headers. Used snakeskin header wrap, good upto 2400*F. If anyone has any questions please ask. If you are thinking about doing it I can offer some tips.

It took 50 Feet with 50% overlap. My bike does run a few degrees cooler, @ 176*F as apposed to 181*F. It stays ALOT cooler at intersections. Normally it would hit about 220*F thru 230*F; now it's 200*F thru 211*F, It hasn't gone above 211*F yet ( it was 75*F here when I tested it, I sat at the intersection for about 5 minute after pushing the bike pretty hard thru the country roads for about 20 to 30 minutes.

IMO I would recommend doing this. I've heard it makes your pipes brittle, I don't know this to be true (knock on wood). If it does and they crack, the headers are cheap and abundant.

check out the photos!

Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org - i.like.pot.pies's Album: header wrap

Reactions: bladeracer

·
Registered
40 Posts
anybody else against this or for it? I just took my bike apart and was going to do it for the looks but I dont want to eff my exhaust headers up. let me know please!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
anybody else against this or for it? I just took my bike apart and was going to do it for the looks but I dont want to eff my exhaust headers up. let me know please!

I do it to my bikes to reduce heat radiating into the oil.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It certainly looks good and un-consequently has heat reducing affects. I've heard that the wrap can make titanium headers brittle because they don't dissipate heat as well. As of now I haven't had any problems. Besides if I do oem headers are still around $40.00 on eBay. In my opinion the reward out- weighs the risk; I'm running cooler, my coolant reservoir melted before.. Not anymore, less heat on motor and fluids resulting in less wear and tear and now a more comfortable ride. I'd go for it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I pet header wrap on mine and my bike started getting real hot real quick...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

You mean it came up to operating temperature quicker?

·
Registered
125 Posts
You mean it came up to operating temperature quicker?
no. I usually sit around 220 in traffic, but when I had the header wrap on, there was numerous times I would get around 245 there was one time my temp gauge started blinking when in traffic

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no. I usually sit around 220 in traffic, but when I had the header wrap on, there was numerous times I would get around 245 there was one time my temp gauge started blinking when in traffic
That's strange. It's done wonders for myself. And actually takes longer to warm up. It also takes longer to get to operating tempature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts