Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a 2005 fireblade but got tempted into trading it in for a shapely Italian model. However after 2 years of servicing bills :crap: I'm looking at moving from Ducati back to another fireblade - a 2009 or 2010 model, which looks a fair bit smaller than its predecessor.

I'm 6' 2" tall (slim, good looking :rotfl:) and wondered if any of you tall fellas out there had any thoughts on comfort/practicality of the new blade. As well as the: 'does my arse look big on this' factor.....

cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ride a 2005 model and that's grand but recently spent a full day on a 2012 and she was fine. (I'm 6'1) Throw an a pair of rear sets and you shouldn't have a problem if it really bugs you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Throw an a pair of rear sets and you shouldn't have a problem if it really bugs you.
Is that what 'rear sets' are for?
I'm new to 'Rear sets ' and only gathered so far that they give a more aggresive which I assume to mean 'bent legged' position?
One (only slight) problem I do have with my 929 is being 6'1" I feel slightly too bent legged . I feel like I could do with the seat lifting a bit to get a bit more room.

I went to buy a 600rr a year or so ago, purely based on that orange/silver/black paint job they brought out but I got 2 miles down that road and turned back on the test ride, it fealt like you had to be under 5' to ride it :confused: (as I tried to 'u' turn I couldnt get the bars past my knees and had to 'paddle' !

This one...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Some rearsets have adjustments down and back, so giving you more leg room.

I am 6'1 and ride an R6 so very similar size, I find it not to bad but on long rides the legs get tight.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 205 built and it feels like it should. Other 1k bikes feel bigger, but not any less cramped. Ya know? Do make an effort to keep yourself stretched. When I started riding I was 190 and healthy, just not too active. Could occasionally get a cramp in the upper thigh-waist region. Stay flexible, no issues.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 205 built and it feels like it should. Other 1k bikes feel bigger, but not any less cramped. Ya know? Do make an effort to keep yourself stretched. When I started riding I was 190 and healthy, just not too active. Could occasionally get a cramp in the upper thigh-waist region. Stay flexible, no issues.
this. I'm 6'4" and have back issues, I am comfortable on my 954 as long as I stretch through

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 6'7" with a 36" inseam, I currently ride a 2001 Erion and find it amazingly comfortable. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with a 2008+ 1krr, and therfore haven't had the pleasure of see how they fit (yet).

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Is that what 'rear sets' are for?
I'm new to 'Rear sets ' and only gathered so far that they give a more aggresive which I assume to mean 'bent legged' position?
One (only slight) problem I do have with my 929 is being 6'1" I feel slightly too bent legged . I feel like I could do with the seat lifting a bit to get a bit more room.

I went to buy a 600rr a year or so ago, purely based on that orange/silver/black paint job they brought out but I got 2 miles down that road and turned back on the test ride, it fealt like you had to be under 5' to ride it :confused: (as I tried to 'u' turn I couldnt get the bars past my knees and had to 'paddle' !

This one...

Rearsets are mostly for racing, and raise the pegs up an inch or more and back an inch or more....However adjustable rearsets can go back, up, down and would be more of what you were looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts