Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
having recently aquired me a fireblade rrx i have been experiencing a few foibles with my gearchange.....pottering along at relatively low rpm the gear change is smooth thru any gear up or down, however, when i gun it a little, 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd is bloody clunky and almost a bit reluctant to engage, after this the rest of the gears are once again smooth, also back down thru the gears is also smooth.
Is ths a common fault, am i doing something wrong? could it poss be the linkage or something more severe??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Folks,
having recently aquired me a fireblade rrx i have been experiencing a few foibles with my gearchange.....pottering along at relatively low rpm the gear change is smooth thru any gear up or down, however, when i gun it a little, 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd is bloody clunky and almost a bit reluctant to engage, after this the rest of the gears are once again smooth, also back down thru the gears is also smooth.
Is ths a common fault, am i doing something wrong? could it poss be the linkage or something more severe??

My 954 has 2000 ks on it and is EXACTLY the same. I was hoping it was just a honda thing because my suzi's gear changes used to be buttery smooth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CUSTOM 90....Clutch set up seems to be spot on, i have noticed a slight bit of slack on the chain which i am just gonna attack with a big stick and a couple of spanners.

NEWGUYOZ.....nice to know its not just me being a crap rider and someone else is in the same boat, looking at threads from times gone by loads of people are/have experienced similar faults/non faults with various models of Blade so we maybe in the clear...the TL1000 that i sold to fund the Blade was also like silk in comparison..bugger, although build quality, handling etc seem much better!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 98 blade and it's a bit harsh/noisy going up through 2nd and 3rd. Sounds like it clunks past neutral between 1 and 2. Not sure why it makes noise going into 3rd. My ZX6R by comparison is buttery smooth. Doesn't seem to be a problem though since I've put 12,000 miles on it without incident.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts