Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if I stumbled into a gem I picked up a erion 1997 cbr900rr erion racing edition with the fairings and the exhaust stating erion
The vin has SC331 does anyone know if this is a true erion looks 100 legit to me look wise

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Dont think so matey , you will find the Erion is 2000, SC443 and should have the RE stamped on the plate , another telltale sign is the Black frame, but @nigelrb should be along to clear any doubt

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi.

I had a 96 Fireblade Erion and it looked like this.
Sadly i do not have it any longer so can not check anything for you.
The only thing owner before me did was paint rims white instead of black.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got a 96 in the same color and the bodywork is BONE STOCK. Unfortunately it was never really marked by Honda as an Erion. The Erion stickers on the real bodywork have been added. Honda never marked those for the 97 model year. These were just the Erion style colors that were offered along with solid red, and the yellow and purple paint scheme. I believe the only model to be specifically marketed as an Erion was the one year 929 model. You have a nice bike tho. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw one real erion selling on ebay stamped s330 so I'm hoping maybe someone will clear this up would love to actually have one of these gems tha is for the replies guys here's some extra pics of the reasons why I think I have this gem

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont think so matey , you will find the Erion is 2000, SC443 and should have the RE stamped on the plate , another telltale sign is the Black frame, but @nigelrb should be along to clear any doubt
Your erion had the silver frame

And where is the plate I should for that re stamp

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Hi you've mistaken my reply for @Motleyfan , although they are only my thoughts , and you wont get an answer from Honda, the reason being is that although Erion Racing was about earlier to the arrival of the 929 ,Honda and Erion Racing didnt get together until the 929 came out, the Erion Racing fairings were used before that though, at least thats how I see it , think the give away is the 929RE on the plate

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi you've mistaken my reply for @Motleyfan , although they are only my thoughts , and you wont get an answer from Honda, the reason being is that although Erion Racing was about earlier to the arrival of the 929 ,Honda and Erion Racing didnt get together until the 929 came out, the Erion Racing fairings were used before that though, at least thats how I see it , think the give away is the 929RE on the plate
Hoping someone will be able to tell me for sure it's the real deal lol

From pictures and everything I've been looking up the erion came with my color scheem and the exhaust that's mounted on mine as well it looks like it's a true erion I just want to know for sure

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,625 Posts
Technically no, only the 929 was painted and SOLD as an actual Erion CBR. That paint scheme you have there was an OEM paint job modeled after the Erion bikes, but only the 929 was sold and marketed as an Erion Racing Edition. It even has Erion Racing on the bodywork. Erion began the trend with their black powdercoated/painted frame. The carbied 900RR never had a black frame. The Erion 929 started that in 2001. View attachment 106809

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Ruining that can is blasphemy. I cant even...............
Was about to say the same thing. I think it's an aftermarket Erion can, not a dedicated original 929 Erion can.
I've been doing more reading and it appears, as @MrPickwick writes that the 900s were not produced as Erion Racing livery, but the colours were 'influenced' by Erion:

Just as we have dealers painting 'race reps' now, the market has been flooded with mock ups and Chinese fairings. I still think though, that Kody's bike appears to be the real deal.

I do have a direct contact for Honda Japan who are always pleased to help enthusiasts:

Honda Customer Service
2-1-1 Minami-Aoyama
Minato-Ku
Tokyo 107-85-56
Japan

For those interested in the later (929) Erions, I share the following:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was about to say the same thing. I think it's an aftermarket Erion can, not a dedicated original 929 Erion can.
I've been doing more reading and it appears, as @MrPickwick writes that the 900s were not produced as Erion Racing livery, but the colours were 'influenced' by Erion:

Just as we have dealers painting 'race reps' now, the market has been flooded with mock ups and Chinese fairings. I still think though, that Kody's bike appears to be the real deal.

I do have a direct contact for Honda Japan who are always pleased to help enthusiasts:

Honda Customer Service
2-1-1 Minami-Aoyama
Minato-Ku
Tokyo 107-85-56
Japan

For those interested in the later (929) Erions, I share the following:

View attachment 106811
View attachment 106812
I will have to ask them if they can Inform me if this is in there system

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,625 Posts
@nigelrb The Erion can you seek for your 929 was never sold by the dealer as a “Honda Accessory”, I don’t know if that’s how your perceiving it, but that’s how I’m perceiving it. The can like mine was offered for the 929 obviously, but was an add on that was through Erion and/or aftermarket distributors. If I’m off I’m assuming you’re looking for something “that came with an Erion 929” I apologize. Those end cans did not.

@Kody nickson I don’t mean to rile up Nigel, but this is what he’s after 😉, and what yours used to look like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have no idea where this convo has gone to be honest lol I was just hoping someone would be able to tell me that the bike I have is a erion and not a knock off by the vin number because the body is there the can is there but I dont know if the bike is legit or just a really good mock of a erion

1 - 20 of 67 Posts