Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@nigelrb The Erion can you seek for your 929 was never sold by the dealer as a “Honda Accessory”, I don’t know if that’s how your perceiving it, but that’s how I’m perceiving it. The can like mine was offered for the 929 obviously, but was an add on that was through Erion and/or aftermarket distributors. If I’m off I’m assuming you’re looking for something “that came with an Erion 929” I apologize. Those end cans did not.

@Kody nickson I don’t mean to rile up Nigel, but this is what he’s after 😉, and what yours used to look like. View attachment 106817
Yup that's the can I have just the previous owner mauled it by cutting it down pissed that the previous owner did that to it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've got a 96 in the same color and the bodywork is BONE STOCK. Unfortunately it was never really marked by Honda as an Erion. The Erion stickers on the real bodywork have been added. Honda never marked those for the 97 model year. These were just the Erion style colors that were offered along with solid red, and the yellow and purple paint scheme. I believe the only model to be specifically marketed as an Erion was the one year 929 model. You have a nice bike tho. Hope this helps.

View attachment 106802
That bike has some differences then the one I have mine does not have firblade on the under side it says honda the back has erion on both sides my back spring is red my exhaust states erion

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
We always seem to go over our heads here with info etc lol, nothing to look too deep at 😉. Your bike has a cut aftermarket Erion slip on exhaust muffler. It has an Erion “replica” paint job that was standard fare from Honda. The caveat there is it WAS NOT a true marketed “Erion Edition” model, as the 2001 Erion Edition 929 was.

Please keep asking questions, there are decades of knowledge here. Don’t let our playful banter deter you from that. We strive to help all who may need it 👍🏻

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We always seem to go over our heads here with info etc lol, nothing to look too deep at 😉. Your bike has a cut aftermarket Erion slip on exhaust muffler. It has an Erion “replica” paint job that was standard fare from Honda. The caveat there is it WAS NOT a true marketed “Erion Edition” model, as the 2001 Erion Edition 929 was.

Please keep asking questions, there are decades of knowledge here. Don’t let our playful banter deter you from that. We strive to help all who may need it 👍🏻

So I just have a really nice replica ?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I have no idea where this convo has gone to be honest . . .
It's not unusual that a thread might become a little distorted or fragmented when talking of a specific bike or model. Sometimes the information can be cross-referenced among others of the same ilk, for instance the Erion Can that has attracted a few posts.

. . . was just hoping someone would be able to tell me that the bike I have is a erion and not a knock off by the vin number . . .
Precisely why I offered the Honda contact details from where you can obtain definitive information on producing the VIN of your bike.

@nigelrb The Erion can you seek for your 929 was never sold by the dealer as a “Honda Accessory” . . .
Nah, I'm fine with that, Ian, and thought as much. It seems most purchasers did opt for the Erion add-on, and that is certainly what I have tried to obtain, both through Erion Racing Inc, and its later enterprise, Two Brothers. I will get one, it's only a matter of time and throwing money in the right place :) .

·
7,636 Posts
A replica yes in the terms of that model year was not a “true Erion” however those body panels are true Honda pieces from that model year.

A replica in terms of its not the 929 “Erion Edition” however, yours is still a true 900RR

·
7,636 Posts
So @Kody nickson, I was looking at your pics with microspope (don't be weirded out, it's what I do ;)) and I noticed that your rear wheel is NOT AN OEM 900RR REAR RIM! Those spokes are indicative of a magnesium rear rim! How cool is that! The spokes are more square than the original 900RR rim, and there is no "ridge" running in the middle of the rim.

You also have a 190/50 sized rear tire, which is typical for a 6"wide rear rim, which is wider than the OEM 5.5" rear rim of a 900RR. How do I know this? Because I did an RC51 SP1 (identical look to the 900RR) because it has the same look and is 6" wide and no one would really ever know unless they see I'm running a nice fat 190/50 tire lol I know these bikes like the back of my hand. Now, the question is this:

WHY did they do it? Can you see any markings anywhere on the rim itself?

Anyway, stick around, get to know the group, and fire off any other questions you have (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So @Kody nickson, I was looking at your pics with microspope (don't be weirded out, it's what I do ;)) and I noticed that your rear wheel is NOT AN OEM 900RR REAR RIM! Those spokes are indicative of a magnesium rear rim! How cool is that! The spokes are more square than the original 900RR rim, and there is no "ridge" running in the middle of the rim.

You also have a 190/50 sized rear tire, which is typical for a 6"wide rear rim, which is wider than the OEM 5.5" rear rim of a 900RR. How do I know this? Because I did an RC51 SP1 (identical look to the 900RR) because it has the same look and is 6" wide and no one would really ever know unless they see I'm running a nice fat 190/50 tire lol I know these bikes like the back of my hand. Now, the question is this:

WHY did they do it? Can you see any markings anywhere on the rim itself?

Anyway, stick around, get to know the group, and fire off any other questions you have (y)
View attachment 106821

View attachment 106820
So is it a benefit having a wider back tire lol I'm not weirded out

·
7,636 Posts
So is it a benefit having a wider back tire lol I'm not weirded out
More of a benefit if it truly is a magnesium rim. Much lighter than stock. But yes, the wider rear tire allows for a better contact patch while leaned over. I'm curious to know if it has a manufacturer on it.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
. . . But yes, the wider rear tire allows for a better contact patch while leaned over. . .
I don't particularly want to challenge your expertise, but one could have a 250 width tyre and still have the same contact patch as a 190. Surely it is the aspect ratio that determines the contact patch? Probably more easily illustrated by this:

·
7,636 Posts
I'm no expert, that's for sure, and I can't even decipher what your graph is showing :LOL: . The side wall and ratio is certainly a game player, but non scientifically speaking, I think having the "wider" size tire on the wider rim "should" increase the amount of tire in contact with the road and give a more stable feel than the same wider tire on a narrower rim. Does that even make sense?🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Sometimes one has to employ analogies to simplify explanations.

If you and your wife share a 5 foot 6 inch bed, the 'contact patch' would be greater than if you shared a mere 5 foot wide bed. Consequently, the edges provide more adhesion, especially in cases of spirited adventurism - even though your prime objective might be confined to a short sprint. Further, whilst the bike's rubber compound contributes to the rider's safety, so too does the quality and profile of the beds mattress. We could also discuss rebound and damping, but that is best put aside.

A further point to consider though, especially when concerned with risky lean angles, is the protection worn by the rider. Some might be more aerodynamic and slippery, whereas others could be bulky and uncomfortable, thereby impacting upon the whole riding dynamic. Hope this helps! :D

·
7,636 Posts

If you and your wife share a 5 foot 6 inch bed, the 'contact patch' would be greater than if you shared a mere 5 foot wide bed. Consequently, the edges provide more adhesion, especially in cases of spirited adventurism - even though your prime objective might be confined to a short sprint. Further, whilst the bike's rubber compound contributes to the rider's safety, so too does the quality and profile of the beds mattress. We could also discuss rebound and damping, but that is best put aside.

A further point to consider though, especially when concerned with risky lean angles, is the protection worn by the rider. Some might be more aerodynamic and slippery, whereas others could be bulky and uncomfortable, thereby impacting upon the whole riding dynamic. Hope this helps! :D
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I suppose I’ll have to see if you’re right, and report which method I fall under 😉

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts

Right that's it @nigelrb , now your talking a load of Bo*****s:LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Fuuuuuuccccckkkkk just got home and 2 of my cyclenders are not firing I just did my spark plugs today has been running fine all day I dont even know where to start or how much shit I'm in its cylinder 1 and 4

21 - 40 of 67 Posts