Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CA model CBR 929.
I will be putting in an full Arata exhaust and a PCIII

I noticed that Dynojet's web site stated I would need an O2 sensor eliminator for my bike.

Is there another alternative to their $15 part.
Can I still ride the bike while I wait for the part to come in or will there be issues?

No one out there would happen to have a copy of the installation instructions for the Arata exhaust, would they? I bought it used and would like a guide to verify that the parts I think go together indeed go together.

If someone has a similar set-up, can they share the PC map with me?
In the end, I'll be running it with the exhaust and a BMC air filter (and possibly the flapper mod I stumbled upon).

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I would assume you'd need the sensor if the bike ever requires inspection.
The ECU is taking data from the O2 sensor and adjusting the fuel map to suit.
Removing or disconnecting the sensor will give an error code.
What the ECU will do when it lacks data from the sensor I don't know.
Try disconnecting your sensor now and see if the bike runs any differently.
If it does, I'd suggest putting the sensor into the new system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of an aftermarket exhaust that allows for an O2 sensor.
It's a California thing with the 929, from what I can tell.
Guess I'll pony up the $20 from dynojet.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It's usually a matter of welding a nut onto the pipe behind the collector for the sensor to screw into.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a CA model CBR 929.
I will be putting in an full Arata exhaust and a PCIII

I noticed that Dynojet's web site stated I would need an O2 sensor eliminator for my bike.

Is there another alternative to their $15 part.
Can I still ride the bike while I wait for the part to come in or will there be issues?

No one out there would happen to have a copy of the installation instructions for the Arata exhaust, would they? I bought it used and would like a guide to verify that the parts I think go together indeed go together.

If someone has a similar set-up, can they share the PC map with me?
In the end, I'll be running it with the exhaust and a BMC air filter (and possibly the flapper mod I stumbled upon).

Thanks.
Allegedly, you need to fit the sensor eliminator (which happens to be nothing else than a 330ohm resistor) in order to fool the ECU with a base reading upon which the PCiii will sit. If you dont then you get some running problems when using low to mid throttle opening and constant speed.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'm thinking of eliminating my o2 on my 01 929. I've been getting crapy mileage and I think it's cause the o2 sensor is shot.

You've checked the fuel pressure regulator already?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My bad Matt! 10-31-2008 was my last log in, so I've got some catching up to do!

Didn't think of the regulator. Think it may be pushing extra fuel past the injectors?
That may explain the erratic idle as well. I figured the injectors were just all jacked up, so I've been using good gas, additives and I've been commuting on it to get the old thing running normal.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
My bad Matt! 10-31-2008 was my last log in, so I've got some catching up to do!

Didn't think of the regulator. Think it may be pushing extra fuel past the injectors?
That may explain the erratic idle as well. I figured the injectors were just all jacked up, so I've been using good gas, additives and I've been commuting on it to get the old thing running normal.

No. When the diaphram fails the vacuum line sucks fuel directly from the tank into the cylinders. Very common issue.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Neat fuel into the exhaust system can damage O2 sensors so you may want to check the sensor, or get a sensor eliminator from Dynojet to remove it enitrely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts