Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Do I? Or don't I? - Buy the 954...

• Buy the damn thing, end your suffering!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, wait for the 1000RR...

• Just get a Gixxer 1000

• I got a bike, I don't care :P

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the dealers have 954's running out at $14990 ride away (that is about $10k US - but seeing as they are normally about $19000 ride away, that is a great price...)

So, do I save the $4k, or hang out a few more months, seeing as the new bikes are on the horizon?

Z...

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah, you actually only get 6 months or so of being the newest blingiest bike out there then there is always something newer out there... I can't afford to keep up with that.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Zeeman : So, do I save the $4k, or hang out a few more months, seeing as the new bikes are on the horizon?

Z...
Are you bikeless right now?
If so, hanging out is the worst thing you could do imho.....

Every time I hear other board members advising people to wait for the 'next best thing' I wanna scream....stooopid advice.....irresponsible even.....

Life is short....far to short to wait around for someone else's idea of what a motorcycle should be. Buy a bike you like today, and make it yours....ride the hell out of it.....if something comes along better....trade or add.....its simple....

Far better for your mental legacy than 'waiting' around for some paper tiger......

[/soapbox]

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason I am considering waiting is that the new bike slook like a good leap. With the 929 to 954 - I went the 929 coz I didn't see any hug eleaps. But underseat exhaust (I like them) radial brakes etc seem like things that are worth getting stock. Oh yeah, and a HESD Damper. Guess it will come down to them having a 954 in blue...

I do agree with the waiting, it iwll only be outdated in 6 months.

Z...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Zeeman , is it winter where you are or is spring upon you? If indeed it is winter wait the 4 to 6 months and the 954 will / might be even cheaper when the 1000rr hits the floors and you couldn't ride it anyhow. For give me and my lack of geography knowledge.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Underseat is cool....but not worth sitting on the bench waiting for it. Yesterday could have been the day you met a life long friend while out riding.....

FWIW, that OEM damper is a good reason NOT to consider the 1000RR imho....

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is Spring, coming into summer, and our summers are HOT...

Not to mention 'The Snowy Ride' coming in november that I would enjoy partaking in. My min dis still open, an dI think that if there is a blue 954 in the dealership, then I'll be ordering a full hi mount oval hindle and finding myself a PCIII to attach. But we'll see...

Z...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Bikes or computers, if you wait for the next best thing you'll never be getting anything. While the 1000RR looks nice and cool (I'll get one if I don't switch to a track-only 600) I could never be 6 months without a ride if it is possible ride (we only have about 6 months of good riding season per year here in arctic circle). If you're not a total track'oholic the 954 might even be better for you, the superbike-racing targeted ergos might not be as comfortable as 'best allround package' of 954.

If you don't get grumpy without a ride (I sure do) and enjoy the bling bling factor the latest toy brings go ahead and wait, but while I enjoy having the latest toy I could never spend 6 months without a bike.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hey Zee! Action motor cycles in Parramatta told me that they wouldnt be getting the CBR1000RR until May 2004, thats a whole summer youll miss out on, the 1000 will hopefully be a good thing although I think it leaves a bit to be disired in the looks department!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Ok ZEEMAN!

your almost there my friend!  Don't give up man!  1000RR is the choice I made for you, but I only made that choice because R1 was not on the list.  Yeah, I said it, R1, and I would be owning one next year if it was not for the RC.  

IMHO, I would wait for some stats...see who has the BANG, and go with that ride.  If you out for the HP world, it will be easy to see who has the numbers...if your going for feels, and finish...it might take more research.

if your not worried about stats...and you don't want to wait, get a used 954, trade in later for the new 1000RR, R1, GSXR, ZX10, whatever!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Jungleboy : Hey Zee! Action motor cycles in Parramatta told me that they wouldnt be getting the CBR1000RR until May 2004,

This looks like an easy decision now....

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Baketech : Quote (Jungleboy @ Oct. 09 2003, 8:51am)Hey Zee! Action motor cycles in Parramatta told me that they wouldnt be getting the CBR1000RR until May 2004,

This looks like an easy decision now....
up here that would not even matter to me...I cannot ride til may most years anyway.

winter blows! and spring has sand dunes on the corners!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
showmethebombs : up here that would not even matter to me...I cannot ride til may most years anyway.  

winter blows!  and spring has sand dunes on the corners!
Two words.....

Truck & Trailer

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
In your shoes, I'd get the Gixxer1000. I think it's going to be pretty close to what Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki are going to sell next year.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
tnarinen : Bikes or computers, if you wait for the next best thing you'll never be getting anything.
The 1000 may be great when it finally hits the streets, but I see no reason to go 6+ months with no bike during your prime riding season just to wait on a bike that you haven't seen or sat on in person, and you don't even know all the official stats on it.
If you really think you want a 1000 next year, then get a used bike to hold you over.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I said wait.

You've waited this long. It's still winter down there (though I don't know exactly what 'winter' is like in Syd). Take the GF's bike for a rip to satisfy, and wait the couple months.

·
Registered
548 Posts
End the suffering. What? Is the 954 like having an ugly girlfreind or something? The motorcycle press won't touch it. The fireblades org is really and RC51 club and everyone is waiting for the butt ugly RCB 1000. I say get one. Use it till you are done with it and then get a new bike.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts