Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I can't believe the guy's getting dogpiled for his little mistake. Why wouldn't you ride in the rain, even if it's with new tires.... No seriously. He just bought it, of course he wants to be on and then to home.

Altho he prolly did follow too close, which is unfortunately, but otherwise....

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
the day i picke up my blade it started to rain as i signed the paper work. I rode it home and was scared the whole way - new tires, rain and i just stepped up from a katana 600 to the 929.

he had to get it home somehow

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I rode my 929 home in the rain for 2 hours the day I bought it. I was more worried about how cold I'd be by the time I got home than how slick the tires would be. I've owned a total of 2 new bikes now and both I brought home in the rain. No biggie

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I broke in a new set of M1s at Jennings this year IN THE RAIN. Conqsoft even reminded me as I was riding off of their 'newness'... No problems...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Could that be a movie, 'Gone in 60 Minutes'? Lets see, about $11,000/60=183 dollars per minute. Not bad. I think he could have done better in Las Vegas!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Serial Thriller : Quote (Tombstone @ Oct. 13 2003, 5:45pm)Am I the only guy that spins the back tire for 30 seconds in place to scrub the newness off?  
Apparently. I still haven't figured out how to do that and get all the way over to the sides.  

Apparently Tombstone doesn't use the sides of his tires - no point in scrubbing them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts