Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find a ecu for my 2001 929 but no luck. i have found a bunch of 954 ecu's.

will it work? or is that a very bad idea?

thaqnks guys

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
im trying to find a ecu for my 2001 929 but no luck. i have found a bunch of 954 ecu's.

thaqnks guys

Different connectors but I guess you could re-wire your harness if you can get connectors off a 954 harness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 929 & 954 ecu will interchange, same harness connections, I even called Honda shop to to find out and plugged it into my 954. I have a 929 ecu if you are interested. Bought it for my 954, off fleabay. Bought it to see if my 954 ecu was bad, turned out to be bad plugs. Far as I know the ecu came off a running bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i have been looking around on here for a few weeks and this is my first post. I couldnt find any info anywhere. so you guys think it will just swap over and work?

my bike is throwing random different codes and i have tested everything but the ecu. so i think its that.

what are you asking for that 929 ecu BR13?

·
Registered
78 Posts
have you tried pulling apart and cleaning all your wiring harness connections? the 929 i just bought was throwing heaps of codes and not starting, turned out to be minor corrosion on the terminals to the HISS receiver. had it runnning perfectly in about 5 minutes after an unnamed honda "guru" had it for a week and didn't have an answer. there a bunch of connectors under the rh fairing cover.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The 929 & 954 ecu will interchange, same harness connections, I even called Honda shop to to find out and plugged it into my 954. I have a 929 ecu if you are interested. Bought it for my 954, off fleabay. Bought it to see if my 954 ecu was bad, turned out to be bad plugs. Far as I know the ecu came off a running bike.

That's interesting.
Can you post photos of your 929 and 954 ECU's or post the part numbers?
These are my 929, 954 and '07 1000RR ECU's.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea it looks totally different. hey br13 can you post the model number. can i just plug it in and go?
I have checked and cleaned all wires and connectors. im getting really frustrated. but oh well im sure ill figure it out.

What does hiss stand for? i looked around here and from what i got it is a chipped key?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just go to the fireblades.org, click on the "forum" tab, pick the section you want to post in (maybe the want/for sale area) and then click the start a thread button and go from there:)

Welcome to the forum, GL with finding a new ECU.

·
Registered
1 Posts

thaqnks guys
I know this is an old thread but yes it will work I used a the harness from a 954 . only difference is sub harness

1 - 18 of 18 Posts