Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a shop and asked about increase in hp. Taking a stock 95 cbr900rr, add kerker exhaust with factory pro air intakes, then add a stage 1 jet kit, get it installed and tuned properly. He told me I would only get like 5 hp.
:eek: Is this true? Cause damn, if it is, that sucks. What can I do to increase hp.
In addition, I have a 4 degree ignition advance plus I changed my sprockets -1 and +2. What else can I do?

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
The shop's estimate sounds about right. If you're looking for 20 hp, you're not going to get it from a pipe.

Kerker? Are you shopping from the JC Whitney catalog? :eek:

j/k :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tigerblade said:
The shop's estimate sounds about right. If you're looking for 20 hp, you're not going to get it from a pipe.

Kerker? Are you shopping from the JC Whitney catalog? :eek:

j/k :p
:evilaugh: It's what was on the bike when I got it.
So, be helpfull and give me some ideas to kick up the power.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
How much money do you want to spend on an older bike? You can get it ported, big bore kit, etc. I think you can get a bore kit in 945cc or 970cc.

After all that, you'd probably save money by trading for a newer bike. ;)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
How much power you want is all relative to how much money you can spend. After getting a big bore kit, getting all the motor/head work done, then reworking the suspension you might as well of bought a new bike.

Unless there is sentimental value to the bike then just get a new one.

There is no one mod outside of a power adder (nitrous, turbo, super-charger) that is going to give you HUGE gains on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Whatever. An Arata exhaust is proven to make massive gains on any bike ever made in the whole entire universe. The greatest tuner on the globe even says so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts