Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, long time no post!!! For something completely different I would like to ascertain what the overall feeling is on the possibilty of Donald Trump actually becoming the President of the USA as he narrows on actually becoming a candidate for the presidency. I realize politics are a personal topic and appreciate and understand if you would not like to share your thoughts. But as I watch the surprising rise of this individual I often wonder what people around the world and especially the United States think.........passing fancy or real leader???:idunno:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I thought he was going to be a flash in the pan.
His core support seems to be growing much more than I would have ever predicted.
There's a bit of a buzz that he could get votes from Dem's who just refuse to vote for Hillary.
Personally, I can't stand the guy.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I really don't envy US voters, I wouldn't want either of them as a president. "Caught between a rock and a hard place" is the expression that springs to mind.

Clinton comes across as a dishonest, ass covering, hard nosed bitch. To me she is one of the most unlikable presidential candidates this side of North Korea.

Trump's straight speaking/lack of political correctness was initially a breath of fresh air, but he's taken that way too far on many occasions, to the point of xenophobia and white nationalism. His regular about turns and general volatility don't inspire confidence in his ability as an American president.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,655 Posts
I'm an independent, but never voted democratic. I'm no politician following whacko either. It's probably my worst understood profession. I don't follow it, don't watch CNN, CNBC, FOXNEWS, or any other. I hear bits and pieces, my father in law is a political nut job. He's into the conspiracies, back room talk, and money following. It's a huge scam of "power following wing nuts" who get paid far too much to talk about nothing and brain wash people.

I like Trump because he's not a politician, he wants to "own" America. Is that bad? Not sure, but I love how he wants his country to be "great again", put us back on the map as we should be. Can he do it? Not alone, which is how any president works. It's the people who "advise" you as to what to do. The country is really run by 4 to 6 buddies in the back room sitting around the poker table with piles of money. They call the shots, and the President takes the heat, good or not.

The debt will never go away, the spending will never stop, taxes will always rise, cost of living will always go up, and disasters (natural or otherwise) will continue, war will be inevitable whether against religion, terrorists, drugs, sovereign citizens, each other, it's never going to "stop", especially in our lifetime.

Connecticut and New York are in such sh!t right now. Huge misuse of $$$, giant deficits, crooks, all of them. Trump too? He's had his fair share of money issues, but Clinton????? Absolutely no way America would benefit with her face as President. I mean seriously, so much controversy. Get a clue.

Now that I've opened up a can of worms I'll shut up. Not like me to air this type of crap, but hey, WTF :D

I would much rather post pics of my bikes and complain that they're never done :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas....it is interesting to me because in Canada our new Prime Minister is an ultra soft, left wing ex drama teacher with no experience and the States has what appears to be the exact opposite in the making for your next top dog......2 countries so close in geography yet so diverse in politics....:patriot::evilaugh:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
we've got a choice of someone who has a history of paying off politicians to get what hewants... and a politician who is used to getting paid off so that her constituants get what they want... :idunno: and they both hate each other. :hmm: I'm moving to broke-*ss Puerto Rico. This isn't the country I fought for. I'm just glad I still have a job and can support my family.

:patriot:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I really don't envy US voters, I wouldn't want either of them as a president. "Caught between a rock and a hard place" is the expression that springs to mind.

Clinton comes across as a dishonest, ass covering, hard nosed bitch. To me she is one of the most unlikable presidential candidates this side of North Korea.

Trump's straight speaking/lack of political correctness was initially a breath of fresh air, but he's taken that way too far on many occasions, to the point of xenophobia and white nationalism. His regular about turns and general volatility don't inspire confidence in his ability as an American president.
My sentiments exactly, :clap:. Couldn't have said it better. Trump is way to impulsive and volatile to lead this or any nation to greatness. That being said, I love my country, but the thought of Hillary being elected has me checking in to the possibility of relocating for 4-8 years, depending on the stupidity of the voters. Somewhere the government can be trusted to execute the will of it's people, Viva Mexico! :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
The advantage with our current cabinet is that they are so individually wealthy they don't need to be corrupt!

I worry for you guys if Trump gets in, he has some very extreme right wing views, which is fine in the pub but tends not to work in practice!

We moan over here but we have a fairly liberal government and generally the country is reasonably well run, not perfect, not always fair, but reasonably well run, there aren't too many surprises and Britain is a pleasant, safe, easy place to live.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The advantage with our current cabinet is that they are so individually wealthy they don't need to be corrupt!

I worry for you guys if Trump gets in, he has some very extreme right wing views, which is fine in the pub but tends not to work in practice!

We moan over here but we have a fairly liberal government and generally the country is reasonably well run, not perfect, not always fair, but reasonably well run, there aren't too many surprises and Britain is a pleasant, safe, easy place to live.
Well said. Safe as long as you're not rooting for Manchester United in Chelsea, or vice-versa, right?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Why does everyone hate Hillary so much? From the outside looking in she presents pretty well as an intelligent and balanced human. Same thing with Obozo.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Eff Hillary that lying, conniving, self serving bitch. I'm not buying much of what Donald J. is selling either, but I'll take a shot with him:idunno::patriot:

I don't believe half the crap that the media puts out, but some of it is undeniable. Whitewater, Benghazi, Private servers, Sniper fire etc.. God damned liar.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Why does everyone hate Hillary so much? From the outside looking in she presents pretty well as an intelligent and balanced human. Same thing with Obozo.
Lying, conniving bitch for starters.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Actually after watching less than 5 minuts of that i want to punch that bitch in the head too.
Just a bit frightened of what will happen if trump gets in. I mean look at what happened with dubbya. Trump is at least twice as stupid and about 400 times as aggressive ( as long as he thinks he's safe). There is no way in a man like that should be given the keys to the most powerful nation on earth. Its going to be Armageddon.

Its a shame sanders ended up getting berned. He wasn't really a commie by pretty much the rest of the western world's standards. Seemed like his heart was in the right place.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Actually after watching less than 5 minuts of that i want to punch that bitch in the head too.
Just a bit frightened of what will happen if trump gets in. I mean look at what happened with dubbya. Trump is at least twice as stupid and about 400 times as aggressive ( as long as he thinks he's safe). There is no way in a man like that should be given the keys to the most powerful nation on earth. Its going to be Armageddon.

Its a shame sanders ended up getting berned. He wasn't really a commie by pretty much the rest of the western world's standards. Seemed like his heart was in the right place.
:plus1:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts