Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a log hard decision, but I am going to sell my 78 F150. I went last night and bought a 2005 F250 Super Duty with a Diesel. It's got everything I could want, and seats 6. Really nice truck. When it came down to it, I just don't have the time to get my old truck restored. Racing season will be starting up soon, and I have to get gear for our booth back and forth to the track. Might even be buying an enclosed trailer for our business. This thing will pull any trailer I am contemplating, with ease. I can put my dirtbike in the bed, and pull our trailer with our other dirtbikes. You name it. But reality dictates that I have to have a truck running, and screwing around with the old one just isn't in the cards anymore.

I know I am going to get upset when I sign over the title for my truck, but it's just something I have to do. On the flip side, I have a bright shiny new truck. I guess that makes it ok. I'll just keep telling myself that..
Fig

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I spent over $1k already. I took it to the paint and body shop, but it was going to be 2 months before he could even start. And the more I looked at it, the more I realized what work was really involved. I am not thrilled about a truck payment, but my thought is that this will last me another 20 years if I take care of it. Even if it only lasts through the payments, all of my kids will be out of the house and in college then I can pick up something else, or hang on to this one. I do love my new truck, but the sentimental bit of my old truck is just so hard to let go of..

I feel like I am taking Old Yeller out back..
Fig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts