Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a list of the states where passing on the 'Double Yellow' is advisory only....?

I've seen it before somewhere....

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Well...Ahem.... I know for a fact it is not up to your own discretion in Georgia or North Carolina. (Don't ask)  

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here in BC Cdn it is ONLY if one started out on passing lane & then came across the double at the latter part, but believe that is common in most States.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just my opinion, but I strongly believe that there are double yellows for a reason.  i.e. hills, curves, etc that hinder visability, and passing not a 'safe' idea.  Just be safe out there!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Quiet954 : Just my opinion, but I strongly believe that there are double yellows for a reason.  i.e. hills, curves, etc that hinder visability, and passing not a 'safe' idea.  Just be safe out there!
Yes, but that is for cars that are slow and not for the high acceleration of the a CBR 9..

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bueller...anyone....anyone...?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quiet954 : Just my opinion, but I strongly believe that there are double yellows for a reason.  i.e. hills, curves, etc that hinder visability, and passing not a 'safe' idea.  Just be safe out there!
I believe there is a speed limit that people should follow also. But sometimes cars and farm equipment don't follow it. So I believe if the pass can be made safely, go for it. High speed is optional, though more fun if exceeded.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bigtoe : Quote (Quiet954 @ May 10 2003, 7:41pm)Just my opinion, but I strongly believe that there are double yellows for a reason.  i.e. hills, curves, etc that hinder visability, and passing not a 'safe' idea.  Just be safe out there!
I believe there is a speed limit that people should follow also. But sometimes cars and farm equipment don't follow it. So I believe if the pass can be made safely, go for it.  High speed is optional, though more fun if exceeded.
Speed limit violator

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I recieved a ticket in BC for passing on a double solid. Fuckin cop in an unmarked Suburban... Blew by him and about 6 other cars going up a hill. I had plenty of time.:idunno:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Will cost you a couple hundred dollars in TN. Or so I have heard anyway.... Damn unmarked suburbans..

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
I recieved a ticket in BC for passing on a double solid. Fuckin cop in an unmarked Suburban... Blew by him and about 6 other cars going up a hill. I had plenty of time.:idunno:
:rotfl: you think it might have been the six car passed that ramped him up :rotfl:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holy old thread Batman... :eek:

I never did find the listing... :crap:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I got popped for unnecessary use of a passing zone before. The cop said the car was not going slow enough (37 in a 55) for me to justify passing him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts