Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I always thought autosol was too course for aluminium? I’ve been using Mothers ally polish, seems to be used a lot in the states
Not aware of that. I've used it extensively for nuts and bolt heads, peg hangars etc. I wouldn't be game to use it on chrome or stainless; I use Brasso and Mr Sheen as alternatives. I use Autosol more as a 'restorer' than a weekly polish type application.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
A word of appreciation to @IanDoohan for post #69 re polishing methods.

I purchased a cheap VTR swing arm today which I should receive next week. Let the polishing begin. Will order all my paper in the meantime. (y)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I have just been graced with the news that my contract at work has finished so I will be sat at home for the next week minimum until I can find something else. On the plus side I have a load of parts and a bike that needs some love sooooo watch this space, lots of updates to come. I have to rebuild the rear brake master cylinder that currently looks like this

I will try and get all 3 callipers rebuilt and powder coated so I will try and get some pictures of the aqua blasting if anyone is interested:unsure:

261 - 272 of 272 Posts