Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the sb2 carbon 3/4 devil installed on the 929 today.  It sounds great and a slight performance increase was noticed. It took about 30 minutes to install and the fit and finish was excellent.  I used the moriwoki 1/2 system map. And right now it is smoother than ever, even than it was completely stock with the stage 1 map.  Now i can hear the htev open and close when the exhaust tone changes, but i cant feel like i used to.  A dynojet certified shop near my town will charge me $170 to custom map it.  So im set

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats on the pipe! I have the same one on mine and planning to get a custom map done once I get the fund$. Right now I'm using a map I downloaded of the Dynojet site.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's great!

Should be even sweeter when you get the custom map.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
dan kyle has a map for the moriwaki that he did and it was quite a bit more aggresive than the dynojet mori map was... If you want to try it, you should shoot DK an email, I'm sure he'll share it...

·
Registered
110 Posts
fusion929rr : Bendog, which map did you use and how do you like it?
Keep on
I used this one from here. It made a big diiference. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That links to maps for the 954....

$170 for a custom map sounds cheap, it's $300 at my shop. I think there's some posts on the forum about what to look out for when getting custom map. Something about making sure the shop doesn't just 'bump up' the entire map instead of fine tuning it to your bike. I read about it over a year ago so it's a little fuzzy. Little help?

Try a few maps from dynojet. I have about 10,000 miles with the Devil highmount on my '00 929 and have tried several maps. The Leo Vinci highmount, which you would expect is the most closely realted, was terrible. I'm running the Muzzy slip on now and it's the best yet. Although, I will still try others for comparison.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
BenDog : Quote (fusion929rr @ May 10 2003, 10:25am)Bendog, which map did you use and how do you like it?
Keep on
I used this one from here. It made a big diiference. I'm happy with it.
That one works GREAT with mine...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Crusty : That links to maps for the 954....

$170 for a custom map sounds cheap, it's $300 at my shop.  I think there's some posts on the forum about what to look out for when getting  custom map.  Something about making sure the shop doesn't just 'bump up' the entire map instead of fine tuning it to your bike.  I read about it over a year ago so it's a little fuzzy. Little help?

Try a few maps from dynojet.  I have about 10,000 miles with the Devil highmount on my '00 929 and have tried several maps.  The Leo Vinci highmount, which you would expect is the most closely realted, was terrible.  I'm running the Muzzy slip on now and it's the best yet. Although, I will still try others for comparison.
I agree with Crusty, I was quoted $250 for a custom map. I never used to be worried about hp/torque numbers, but the custom map/dyno will probably happen this summer. If it is $170, and they're good, you've got a bargain.

PS - I thought your thread title and emoticon was about a bad review, glad your happy with it. Let us know the difference once you get it custom mapped and dyno numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts