Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm riding home this afternoon when my speedo craps out, I cruise for a couple or so miles more when I notice that the odometer and the trip mileage aren't working either. Shortly after that, the dreaded FI light of death comes on, so I pull over, as soon as I pop it in neutral and put the stand down the FI light goes off. So I shut 'er off, then start 'er back up, no FI light, and still no speedo...but I take off. A few more miles down the road the FI light comes back on and so does the speedo/odometer/etc. Stays on for a bit, then the FI comes back on & the speedo goes out.... When I finally get into town, the FI goes off and the speedo comes back on, goes off, goes on.

Wtf's going on?!?!? :confused: I've got 'er chillin out for the rest of the night, and I'm going to take 'er out tomarrow and see if it starts wiggin' out again.

Anyone have any ideas as to what it may be? I'm assuming its the speed sensor? Any knowledge will help greatly... I really don't feel like taking it to a Honda shop and have them rape me on some little **** I could fix myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Codes? I'm not sure what you mean. (I'm new to motorcycles) :idunno:
When the FI light would come on, it would be just a solid red light...never saw it blink or anything like that.

I unplugged/plugged in the ECM on Saturday let it chill overnight then rode it a little on Sunday and everything appeared to be ok. (No FI light, speedo working.)

Then as I was riding home this afternoon, the speedo quit working for about a block, then came back on. (No FI light)

But the bike is running fine... and this is trippin' me out!!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
The ECM will give off a fault code if there is a problem with a sensor or circuit with the particular code being determined by the number of flashes. A steady light could indicate a faulty ECM, but you should check your speedo connections and sensor first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. Ever since I had the trouble with it Saturday, the FI light hasn't came back on but the speedo still cuts in & out from time to time. I plan on checking the connections tomarrow when I get some extra time to take it apart.

Thanks for the help, and I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It gave me 2 blinks. A blink for 1 second then a shorter blink.... Any idea? I've also noticed that the FI light only comes on when the speedo goes out. Anyways, thanks guys.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
That's fault code 11:

- Loose or poor contact on vehicle speed sensor connector.
- Open or short circuit in vehicle speed sensor connector.
- Faulty vehicle speed sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts