thanks

Has the filter been replaced recently?
Is the filter tight?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi blade
300 km from last oil+filter change . i checked after and there was no leakage . i checked the filter with my hand and it seems tight . Let's say it loses a little bit of oil besides the oil filter did i ruined the engine ?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hi blade
300 km from last oil+filter change . i checked after and there was no leakage . i checked the filter with my hand and it seems tight . Let's say it loses a little bit of oil besides the oil filter did i ruined the engine ?

I assume the oil level is fine?
No, you haven't ruined anything :)
The gasket surface was probably not cleaned before installing the new filter. I wouldn't worry about it until the next oil change.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the oil level is fine
so even if it loses a little oil beside the oil filter it is safe to ride it ? it will not harm the engine ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
the oil level is fine
so even if it loses a little oil beside the oil filter it is safe to ride it ? it will not harm the engine ?
i think the biggest issue is oil getting on the rear tire if you have a leak,I would think as blade says there might be a sealing issue.with the price of a filter being quite cheap compared to having an off moment i would try another filter.or at least remove the old one and clean and inspect the rubber gasket and the surface it seals to.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the biggest issue is oil getting on the rear tire if you have a leak,I would think as blade says there might be a sealing issue.with the price of a filter being quite cheap compared to having an off moment i would try another filter.or at least remove the old one and clean and inspect the rubber gasket and the surface it seals to.
if i remove the oil filter wouldn't i'll lose the oil to ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts