:idunno: :idunno:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
OK so what does that have to do with DST changing?:idunno:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I still didn't see mention of that in the article. Will read it again.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Hmm, changing DST seems pretty stupid to me. Actually having it at all has always seemed pretty damn stupid to me. Not going to save anything by changing it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Getsome said:
Hmm, changing DST seems pretty stupid to me. Actually having it at all has always seemed pretty damn stupid to me. Not going to save anything by changing it.
Incorrect. An hour's worth of energy is conserved when people don't have to turn on lights until an hour after they would have under standard time. Naturally, more energy is used on the other end of the day, but the thinking is that MORE energy is saved by having an extra hour of daylight in the evening as opposed to an extra hour of daylight in the morning (and I agree; this sounds quite logical). I don't get up in the morning until it's already light - about 7am. In the winter, I'm sleeping for the first hour of daylight.

IMO, it would be better to have "daylight savings time" all year 'round.

I'm sure that people who go to sleep at 8pm (like early morning delivery people, and those with jobs in radio and TV, for example) would prefer it the other way 'round. But being in the minority, they lose. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts