Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys: I just bougth a used 929 and don't have a manual yet. The clock is blinking "1:00" and it is getting a bit annoying... TIA! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that, but all that seems to happens is that my trip meter resets.... How do I know when its in "set mode?"

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Erwin8r said:
I tried that, but all that seems to happens is that my trip meter resets.... How do I know when its in "set mode?"
That just means you're not pressing them at exactly the same time. It's very picky, takes a couple tries usually

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Yeah, mine works best by pushing the right one just a fraction of a second before the left. The manual says to press the left control button while pressing the right control button. When in set mode, the minute display will start flashing. To set the time: The clock will alternate between the hour and minute adjust modes each time the left control button is pressed. Press the right control button until the desired time and "am" or "pm" is displayed. When done, wait approximately 10 seconds until the display stops flashing. You're done!

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's easier to change the plugs then set the clock on these. The technical term for putting the clock into "set" mode is PFM. I covered mine with a piece of black electric tape along with all the other flashing O's in my house, i.e., VCRs and microwave.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aBnorMal said:
It's easier to change the plugs then set the clock on these. The technical term for putting the clock into "set" mode is PFM. I covered mine with a piece of black electric tape along with all the other flashing O's in my house, i.e., VCRs and microwave.
LOL!! Thanks, Guys (and gals!). I'll give it a shot before I ride home tonight (it feels good riding into work again...). I've come close to hitting something because of that flashing "1:00" distracting me!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
It only takes me one try. Try pressing and holding the right button first, then press the left. Just press and hold the right one for a fraction of a second before pressing the left.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
aBnorMal said:
Ok...fess up. You're one of those Mars robot engineers right.....
Haha, actually, I confess, I think it took me 2-3 tries last time, until I realized that the manual says to press and hold the right button, then press the left. Seems to help.

·
Registered
682 Posts
A ruddy pain in the neck each spring & each time we change to "daylight saving time". Only for those that are at home with computers, & other toys with all the ruddy buttons & such. If you look around Honda has not been putting this on most of its other bikes, or so I feel, which tells you something!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Smitty said:
A ruddy pain in the neck each spring & each time we change to "daylight saving time". Only for those that are at home with computers, & other toys with all the ruddy buttons & such. If you look around Honda has not been putting this on most of its other bikes, or so I feel, which tells you something!!!!!!
:nono: Not me, I'd rather add/subtract an hour instead of fussing with the clock. Much easier. Plus...who needs to know what time it is when you're riding anyway? :evilaugh:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ND4SPD said:
...Plus...who needs to know what time it is when you're riding anyway? :evilaugh:

Uh, Me when I'm hitting the car pool lane, 10 miles from work and 10 minutes to get there... :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
gr0undz3r0 said:
was looking and the search button wins again - thanx all.
Yup, very helpful

:thumb:

·
Registered
236 Posts
U have to make sure the kill switch has been pressed before You hold the right button and press the left button to make it flash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SHUTOX said:
I never mess with the kill switch. It is always in RUN and I've never had a problem setting my clock.
I had a heck'of'a time doing this until i actually pulled the rubber button/graumet piece out and used a pen to push the buttons inside. For some reason the rubber wasn't getting down far enough to push the buttons, I don't know why. Nothing a little bittle of super glue and a self made spacer made of a pencil eraser couldn't solve, but it bothered me from day 1. Now doesn't anybody know how to change the shift light setting?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts