Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had experience with the dunlop 207RR's? Got a chance to pick a set up cheap but not sure if they're worth it. Currently running pirelli supercorsa's and like them a lot, but the dunlop's might be worth trying if the price is right.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I had one on the front of my 929 for about 500 miles before I got rid of it and absolutely loved it. Soft tire, grip is great! That's what my next set will be on the RR

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had a set on my bike because cyclerider had a sale on them for $160 for the set. I wish I had bought all of them. The only issue I had with them is that the front cupped like the bt010's did. I normally run the diablo corsas because I get very good wear out of them for a soft tire. The front never cups.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I'm running them on my 954 right now. They have LOADS of grip, and pretty good feedback. Coming from my stock Bridgestones was a big change as the profile is way more aggressive, but I have grown used to that. The down side is the fact that they are kind of hard to come by, and if you do find some I'd recommend checking the manufacturing date of the sidewall. The great sale that Cycle Gear had here in the states was a great find however all of the tires at my local store were more then a year old. Not a super big deal but still sits in my head. The only down side is tire life is short with these bad boys. My front is cupped and my rear is on it's way out.

Dano

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
flasher2001 used to use them exclusively... Then he tried some sportecs and smiled a lot...

Then he tried some dunlop GP/a's and smiled even more...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Diablo Corser's dude. You can't go wrong. Dunlops are good, but you'll find that where you can run the Pirellis to the end of their life (ie: stuff all tread left) and still have reasonable grip, the Dunlops LOOK O.K but ride like crap half way through. That's the beauty of the Pirelli's. Same grip, but the same for the life of the tyre.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think you right sook. It would be hard to beat the pirelli's. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts