Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any wheels on thier bike other than stock? If so did you get a good response from the bike and which wheel is the best?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm looking to buy new wheels for my bike, and will probably go with either Dymag or PVM. I fitted OZ Racing wheels to my ZX7R a couple of years ago and the results were excellent. I don't expect as big a difference on the Fireblade, because the ZX7R standard wheels were much heavier in comparison.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only problem wih Dyamag is..

you have to use their friggin' sprockets(least you use too) unless things have changed in the last 3 years.

I would buy a set of Marvic penta I's or Puima's.....best bang for buck

My personal choice is the 10-spoke Marchesini mag :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got the 5 spoke magnesium Dymag. Caught great deal, $900, got lucky, yea, have to use there sprokets but look sick, got a 42 & 45 sprocket with them, believe rear is around 10lbs lighter, front 2.5 lightier, felt way quickier even know put the 42 sprocket on there from 43 stock. But due to money might have to sell, spent way to much on the bike lately :(

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
DavidW said:
I'm looking to buy new wheels for my bike, and will probably go with either Dymag or PVM. I fitted OZ Racing wheels to my ZX7R a couple of years ago and the results were excellent. I don't expect as big a difference on the Fireblade, because the ZX7R standard wheels were much heavier in comparison.
well that thing is heavy as hell anyway, I rode my friend 03 a few weeks ago and it almost feels like it wants to dig into the pavement. kinda felt nice having such a planted feeling but I'll take the blade over that any day of the week. when people describe that bike as a freight train they aren't kidding.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blade2000 said:
Got the 5 spoke magnesium Dymag. Caught great deal, $900, got lucky, yea, have to use there sprokets but look sick, got a 42 & 45 sprocket with them, believe rear is around 10lbs lighter, front 2.5 lightier, felt way quickier even know put the 42 sprocket on there from 43 stock. But due to money might have to sell, spent way to much on the bike lately :(
Let me know if you trying to sell your wheels...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts