Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
...and I bet the numbers would be even better had he not lost traction towards the end

Nice daily driver

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Man, at first I thought a dyno got broken, but that just looks like tire smoke from when the car unloaded.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Ahem...

Anyone notice the twin turbos sticking out the top of the hood!?

That's about as far removed from a stock GN -already a brutish little car- as you can get.

Impressive though. Wow, over a thousand hp. If he could get it to hook up, it would be a hellva ride on the 1320.

·
Registered
469 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Holy rollers batman!  That's some major tire smoke.  He probably ate up about 200ponies off the top of that chart
That's what I was wondering....how many ponies went up in smoke? I love that sound! Although the poor little speakers on my laptop couldn't take it. They just went to static.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Chain : Ahem...

That's about as far removed from a stock GN -already a brutish little car- as you can get.

Impressive though. Wow, over a thousand hp. If he could get it to hook up, it would be a hellva ride on the 1320.
They put out ~400 stock

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Holy shiat! looks like what we can expect from the 1000RR, all that useless horsepower and no way to hook it up.....

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
sweetonion : Although the poor little speakers on my laptop couldn't take it.  They just went to static.
um no, the cameras mic couldnt handle the sound and pretty much cut out due to how loud the car is. Thats what the static was.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (Chain @ Aug. 11 2003, 10:37pm)Ahem...

They put out ~400 stock
Not really. My Dad bought one new, they were under 300 Hp.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Holy rollers batman!  That's some major tire smoke.  He probably ate up about 200ponies off the top of that chart
The smoke starts when he lifts off the throttle. You can see the front end move and then the tire smoke starts.

·
Registered
469 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Aug. 11 2003, 10:29pm)Holy rollers batman!  That's some major tire smoke.  He probably ate up about 200ponies off the top of that chart
The smoke starts when he lifts off the throttle.  You can see the front end move and then the tire smoke starts.
The smoke gets the heaviest when he shuts it off, but he was definitely hazing 'em on the throttle. You can really see it around the middle of the tire.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
sweetonion : Quote (luvtolean @ Aug. 11 2003, 8:13pm)Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Aug. 11 2003, 10:29pm)Holy rollers batman!  That's some major tire smoke.  He probably ate up about 200ponies off the top of that chart
The smoke starts when he lifts off the throttle.  You can see the front end move and then the tire smoke starts.
The smoke gets the heaviest when he shuts it off, but he was definitely hazing 'em on the throttle.  You can really see it around the middle of the tire.
Oh, yep. They're definately smoking.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Aug. 11 2003, 10:49pm)Quote (Chain @ Aug. 11 2003, 10:37pm)Ahem...

They put out ~400 stock
Not really.  My Dad bought one new, they were under 300 Hp.
LTL's right. GN's were good for about 245 hp. GNX's however, that's another animal altogether... ~275 hp by conservative estimates. Very quick cars. We seized one about five years ago when I was still in Special Operations. Got to test flog it repeatedly before auction.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Chain : Quote (luvtolean @ Aug. 11 2003, 11:12pm)Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Aug. 11 2003, 10:49pm)Quote (Chain @ Aug. 11 2003, 10:37pm)Ahem...

They put out ~400 stock
Not really.  My Dad bought one new, they were under 300 Hp.
LTL's right. GN's were good for about 245 hp. GNX's however, that's another animal altogether... ~275 hp by conservative estimates. Very quick cars. We seized one about five years ago when I was still in Special Operations. Got to test flog it repeatedly before auction.
You pretty much had to be some type of gov't person to buy a GNX from phucking Buick because of the way they prioritized them. Those guys got them and raped everyone else that just wanted the car to own.

Anyway, it was a cool car. Dad tried to emulate the car mag pics where the car was declared the 'burnout competition winner' for production cars a few times.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i am impressed with the hook up the guy got off the line and no wheelie running in the 8's.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
bubba : i am impressed with the hook up the guy got off the line and no wheelie running in the 8's.
I've seen a lot of turbo cars setup like that.....soft hit out of the hole and build boost after the launch...huuuge top end rush.... fun to watch...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts