Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, I have paperwork saying a Dyno-Jet was fitted many years ago, how can i tell if it is still fitted to my bike (95' Model).

What can I look for? Does anyone have before & after fitting pics?

Sorry but I am a complete dumbass when it comes to carbs :rolleyes:

I am considering taking her to a rolling road soon as it appears to be running not quite right, massive popping on over run. Although it idles & pulls fine.

I dont want to turn up & matey say "Your gunna need a Dyno-Jet kit mate" & waste alot of cash for nothing.

Remus GP can & K&N are still in place & were fitted same time as the Dyno-Jet

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Basically, I have paperwork saying a Dyno-Jet was fitted many years ago, how can i tell if it is still fitted to my bike (95' Model).

What can I look for? Does anyone have before & after fitting pics?

Sorry but I am a complete dumbass when it comes to carbs :rolleyes:

I am considering taking her to a rolling road soon as it appears to be running not quite right, massive popping on over run. Although it idles & pulls fine.

I dont want to turn up & matey say "Your gunna need a Dyno-Jet kit mate" & waste alot of cash for nothing.

Remus GP can & K&N are still in place & were fitted same time as the Dyno-Jet

Adjustable needles is probably the easiest to check, just pull one of the CV lids.
Popping is most likely due to air leaks in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If you have a dynojet kit tone needles will look like this, if not they dont have the notches in the top.

Its not the be all and end all of having it on the dyno, jets can still be changed and the needles shimmed with 5mm washers if needed, standard needles are better quality anyway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts