Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Before is with a Micron Slip on and DK map for a CA 929, the after is a Full Arata system with intake flapper removed and a custom map.  I only gained about 7.5 hp, but the torque band is so much wider and earlier now.  Final torque was about 66, and the throttle is alot smoother.  The bike wheelies through the mid range unexpectedly now lol.  Ill post the torque chart as soon as i can get someone to re size it for me. Any comments welcome.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
It looks a bit lean above 7K on the map for the full system (and the torque map as well which appears to be notated as with the slip-on). Do you have the PAIR system removed or blocked off? This is a MUST for setting up the A/F ratio properly.

I found an A/F ratio of 12.8 to 1 to provide the best overall curve for my 929 with 2 degrees of ignition retard above 9k (although this was done primarily for the fuel I was running).

Your bike with just a slip-on seems pretty normal at 124. How many miles do you have on the bike?

I would expect another couple of HP if you fatten it up above 7K and make certain your air filter is clean.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
abtech : It looks a bit lean above 7K on the map for the full system (and the torque map as well which appears to be notated as with the slip-on).  Do you have the PAIR system removed or blocked off?  This is a MUST for setting up the A/F ratio properly.

I found an A/F ratio of 12.8 to 1 to provide the best overall curve for my 929 with 2 degrees of ignition retard above 9k (although this was done primarily for the fuel I was running).

Your bike with just a slip-on seems pretty normal at 124.  How many miles do you have on the bike?

I would expect another couple of HP if you fatten it up above 7K and make certain your air filter is clean.
thanks for the input abtech.  I did have the PAIR valve removed and blocked and I had the intake flapper removed in the airbox.  I have about 35,000 on the bike, have never had any trouble with it except for the clutch recall (ive had it for 3 years, i bought it in late 2000) and just recently had the valves adjusted and the spark plugs changed.  They replaced the air filter when they took out the intake flapper.  It was mapped on a dynojet 250 that is in a trailer if that makes any difference.  It was probably in the mid 80's that day.  I was expecting more power too on the higher end after what everyone else has posted.  It sure seems alot faster than it was.  I would have gone to DK, but he is about 160 miles away.  Maybe i still will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts