Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the CBR1KRR to the local shop this morning, ran it on the dyno for the first time. About 1350 miles on the bike now. All stock with the exception of a Jardine RT-one carbon race slip-on and PC III usb, using the Erion slip-on map. I'm pretty happy with the result. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
it's ok I've passed plenty of zx-10r's and R1's. Call me an asshole, but I had hoped to see more power.

·
Registered
102 Posts
mine dynoed at 146.6 stock. got roughly 10.5 hp from the arata. 141 is a little low for stock though. just make sure you get someone that is very knowledgeable when you get it dynoed. the majority of them dont know how to properly run it.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I don't think he did it quite right. I think he was dropping the throttle when my shift light came on at 11k

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
TGZ13 said:
:rotfl: it lives :evilaugh:

Dude, who cares how much it dynoed man, I mean honestly. All dynos are going to read different. It's an incredible machine, I know because I have one ;) Get the forks done on it and ride the damn thing and enjoy yourself :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
dyno's are not the end all by any means but if someone is spending 10-11k on a new model that says 148-9 hp then that is what it should have. or very close to it. i havent seen a stock 1ker run that low on stock so i do believe its the guy running the dyno. for 141 hp he could have bought a 954. thrown a few mods to it and came out alot cheaper then what he spent on the 1ker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This really gets old...

All dynos are different - there's really no way to make every dyno on the planet read the same. You could get 140hp on one dyno and 160hp on another dyno, without changing anything. It deson't mean your bike magically gained 10 hp.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I realize this, it was only disappointing because a stock r1 (or so it looked) dynoed 153.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Then yes, either the guy doesn't know what he's doing or you have a dud CBR. The R1's I've done with Yosh slip ons are about 156, mapped, while the stock cbr's are 147-150. There shouldn't be that much of a different on the same dyno, not from what I've seen.

Hate to be an idiot, but if you had 140 on one dyno and 160 on another, you're right, you wouldn't have 10 more h.p, you'd have 20. Haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts