Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHECK THIS OUT :thumbhttp://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0404_cbr_dyno/: DYNO NUMBERS FOR THE 1000 RR.

·
Registered
887 Posts
that's more than enough for me!!! :thumb: :evilaugh: kinda interested in what SportRider has to say about the suspension and other characteristics of the bike also....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Those numbers just bearly beat out the GSXR. I was thinking it would be a lot more. I think the Kawi and R1 might have more power, but we will not know until they get tested on the same dyno. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Damn, it's right there with the Gixxer except the Gix looks like it has some nasty torque curve hickup right there in the lower-mid of the power-band.. wtf is up with that?

Cool link and cool charts. The 1k really storms over the '54... it's gotta be a HOOT to ride!!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
ULEWZ said:
Those numbers just bearly beat out the GSXR. I was thinking it would be a lot more. I think the Kawi and R1 might have more power, but we will not know until they get tested on the same dyno. :)

I seen a dyno for the 04 R1 posted and it was at 150.7HP. Can't really compare though. Need em on the same dyno at the same time.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
RRWANTR said:
I seen a dyno for the 04 R1 posted and it was at 150.7HP. Can't really compare though. Need em on the same dyno at the same time.
A 954, a full Hindle/Arata and a really good map (and a wing and a prayer) should pretty much touch that :nod:

Z...

·
Registered
41 Posts
1000RR = 153.5hp @ 11,000RPM, 78.3ftlbs @ 8500rpm
GSXR1K= 152.1hp @ 11,000RPM, 78.0ftlbs @ 8250RPM

1) Just wait until the Honda breaks in to about 5,000 miles or so. Bet it gets even better if it's like ever other Honda that I've seen.

2) Ger rid of that stainless steel exhaust and shed a bunch of weight and add probably 8-10rwhp.

3) If 165rwhp aint enough for you then just add the HRC engine power up kit and everyone will kiss your ass goodbye.

4) Probably most important is that every test rider to date says that you can actually put the power down better (sooner and without a lot of fuss) than the other bikes with the RR's suspension being so good.

·
Registered
453 Posts
RRWANTR said:
I saw the same 04 R1 dyno where it made 150.7hp stock and 158.7 with exhaust. Something just came to mind while typing this. Isnt it cool how Honda sat back and let the rest of the world talk all the smack about their 180hp bikes and they still havent said much about the power of the new bike. The masses were of the impression that the 1000RR was an underpowered pig. Being the high profile company that Honda is they deliver the goods and keep the the numbers game that attracts the squids and posers to a minimum. Every bike rider around my area who rides purely for the attention was talking about how they were going to get the new R1 because it has 180hp. They were going to be a bad azz. :cycle: Hey look at me. Im riding the 180hp R1. Aren't I cool? :monkey:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would love to have a new 1000RR, but my 929 w/mods is still fast enough. I still think the 1000RR needs to lose some weight. Ive lost 30 pounds and can really feel the handling/acceleration differece. Flicking back and forth in tight canyons every pound counts(like Del Puerto Canyon, from Patterson to Livermore, CA) or my other fave route, from Turlock to (nothing like a 140mph sweeper to get you going)Snelling, Merced Falls, Hornitos, Bear Valley.. up Hwy 49, 120 108, to La Grange, Turlock Lake.... prime riding during the warm weather!

·
Registered
887 Posts
hiside said:
1000RR = 153.5hp @ 11,000RPM, 78.3ftlbs @ 8500rpm
GSXR1K= 152.1hp @ 11,000RPM, 78.0ftlbs @ 8250RPM

1) Just wait until the Honda breaks in to about 5,000 miles or so. Bet it gets even better if it's like ever other Honda that I've seen.

2) Ger rid of that stainless steel exhaust and shed a bunch of weight and add probably 8-10rwhp.

3) If 165rwhp aint enough for you then just add the HRC engine power up kit and everyone will kiss your ass goodbye.

4) Probably most important is that every test rider to date says that you can actually put the power down better (sooner and without a lot of fuss) than the other bikes with the RR's suspension being so good.

yep...every early review I've read said the samething....that the bike would just not spin up because of the longest swingarm in the class and because the suspension was so good outta the box...and this was regardless of gear/speed, lean angle, etc....the 10R on the other hand, would spin up in any gear....not my idea of a smooth ride.....I think the R1 will be somewhere in the middle....meaning, more rideable than the 10R but a bit more "nasty" than the 1000RR....

in any case, not to sound like a homer or anything, but I think the 180HP number Yamaha mentioned was at the crankshaft....common sense should tell you the bike wasn't going to make 180rwhp.....but yet, I digress.... :idunno:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
QuikMike said:
in any case, not to sound like a homer or anything, but I think the 180HP number Yamaha mentioned was at the crankshaft....common sense should tell you the bike wasn't going to make 180rwhp.....but yet, I digress.... :idunno:
Remember that, that figure was with ram assisted air. Every mfr. could write that in, which is bullshit. 172HP at the crank is what the R1 has, and that is a mfr.'s claim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
djice929 said:
I would love to have a new 1000RR, but my 929 w/mods is still fast enough. I still think the 1000RR needs to lose some weight. Ive lost 30 pounds and can really feel the handling/acceleration differece. Flicking back and forth in tight canyons every pound counts(like Del Puerto Canyon, from Patterson to Livermore, CA) or my other fave route, from Turlock to (nothing like a 140mph sweeper to get you going)Snelling, Merced Falls, Hornitos, Bear Valley.. up Hwy 49, 120 108, to La Grange, Turlock Lake.... prime riding during the warm weather!
your in my neck of the woods, I live in Sonora. We have some good twisties up here eh? Just hope the 1000rr is as good in the corners as my 600rr is/was since it's going back to honda (lemon).

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sub said:
your in my neck of the woods, I live in Sonora. We have some good twisties up here eh? Just hope the 1000rr is as good in the corners as my 600rr is/was since it's going back to honda (lemon).

yep, awesome roads up there,, i can get there quick too.. i sent you a PM, give me a call sometime when you get another bike and ill take a spin up there and we will go for a ride!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know the 180hp was ram air assist at the crank and most people do. What I was trying to convey is that Yamaha wanted to get some chit started by throwing those #'s. I think that they thought if they threw out the big numbers then alot of people would go ahead and rule out the other big 3 bikes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts