Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Hass eliminator, Jardine 1/2 system, and PCIIIUSB. Would my California bike benefit from the o2 sensor block off?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is your FI light on all the time now, not just when you start the bike at first? I'm definitely no expert but from what I do know it just stops the light from bugging you and thats it!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The o2 sensor is still there in the new exhaust, and the FI light works as it should because although I did rotate the servo to remove the cables, I was sure to return it where it was before I fired it up. I'm just wondering if there is any performance gains from it and how it affects the efficiency of the PCIIIUSB?

·
Registered
264 Posts
How do you like everything as far as performance goes? I was worried about messing with my exhaust because of that CA bullshit so right now I just have an akra bolt on and a pc3usb. I'm torn between leaving well enough alone or going and getting a 1/2 or full system for my bike.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The only reason you get the 02 sensor block off is so you can map the bike properly, and then after that, keep with the mapped settings of the PC. With the 02 sensor working, it constantly leans the bike out at cruising speeds and throttle positions. When you try and map that, it will be lean, (coz it's leaning itself out all the time), so you add fuel, it leans out again, you add more fuel............... see the problem? Now, I'd only get a PC if I was gonna get it custom mapped, and if you do this, you'll need to get that sensor blocked. The light will then come on, therefore the dynojet plug to keep he light off. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
When I got my PCIII USB I didn't attach the O2 sensor eliminator. I put a map from powercommander in the PCIII and away I went. I then got a custom map and put the O2 eliminator on and now my bike actually does a fast idle when cold. Which it didn't do without the O2 eliminator and installed PCIII. I would say put it on and forget about it if you have a PCIII installed. Oh, I have stock exhaust except for a bolt on can and so the sensor is still in the pipe. Just not electrically connected to anything.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Removing the O2 sensor will decrease your fuel mileage significantly. Performance wise, the only time the O2 sensor actually does anything is when the throttle is nearly closed, such as when cruising down the freeway. If you remove it, you'll notice some surging under those conditions. At WOT it has no affect.

If you get a PCIII and full exhaust that does not have a bung, then you effectively over-ride it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts