Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never used one of these on a bike before and not really sure I understand what its supposed to be used for and how to use it. I watched the videos and downloaded on my laptop but wanna get some advice on it before I hook it up to my bike. I have a 02 cbr 954rr by the way

·
Registered
56 Posts
The power commander is used to adjust your fuel mapping to compensate for various modifications like exhaust and air filter.

If your bike has simple modifications like a slip on pipe, there is a good chance there is a map available for download.

You can find maps here Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

As for how to use it, it would be best to download the manual and use it for a guide.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have never used one of these on a bike before and not really sure I understand what its supposed to be used for and how to use it. I watched the videos and downloaded on my laptop but wanna get some advice on it before I hook it up to my bike. I have a 02 cbr 954rr by the way
For one you want to make sure model pc3 you have is compatible with your bike. Then go to dyno jet and download pc3 software and at the same time look and see if they have maps available for your bike. If not then you can ask people for maps on this forum with same or similar setups. Other choice is to take it to a dyno after install or cheaper way would be to contact Jeffo at Jeffomaps.
Either way you can only carry one map on pc3. Also make sure you have the cable for it being a usb or serial.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello. if you can install the power commander your self the programing is pretty simple. I just recently went through mine that came on a used bike. there are good videos on their web sight and you can always give them a call if you get stuck.
But basically install the unit on the bike, download software from sight to computer, down load maps from sight for your bike to computer, choose proper map, send map to power commander, set throttle position(0% and 100%), done. At least thats how mine worked! but always best to get a dyno tune and custom map for your bike to get the most out of it. thats what my plan is soon. since i have mods done that arnt on any of the maps from power commander. good luck with it and may it bring you more power!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts