·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<-----

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Nice bike. Too big for me though. I got Baccy legs. I think I ride a 54 or 55. Can't remember... I haven't bought a bike in a while.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 33 inch inseam, and the online bike "sizers" I've tried put me on a 56-57. It's how I found the bike. ;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I used to tell people, "Mountain bikers road ride for fitness. Road racers mountain bike for fun." :D

I did a couple of mountain bike races and boy are those guys skilled! They are totally bonzai on downhills. I flew by them on the uphills and the same guys would come by me on the downhills. I won a couple races that had super difficult uphills followed by really easy downhills. That's the only way I could stay in front!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WetShrub said:
I used to tell people, "Mountain bikers road ride for fitness. Road racers mountain bike for fun." :D
That's a pretty good way of putting it.

The guy I rode with most frequently in the Bay had monster legs and people were always asking him if he was a roadie. (he wasn't)

He'd pass me up, I'd blow by going down, but we made each other much faster.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
luvtolean said:
That's a pretty good way of putting it.

The guy I rode with most frequently in the Bay had monster legs and people were always asking him if he was a roadie. (he wasn't)

He'd pass me up, I'd blow by going down, but we made each other much faster.
I don't think that quote holds anymore. It used to be that the old roadies would head to mountain biking to kick some arse. But now the switch goes both ways. Look at Miguel Martinez, multiple mountain bike world cup champ just signed a 2 year deal with a major European road team. Cadel Evans is kicking ass on the road too. These days to be good at mountain biking you can't just rely on fearless skill to win. Everyone is in shape and the races are multi-hour brutal time trials.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe at the upper echelons, but I think down at the bottom of the barrel like me, roadies are more fit than mt bikers. ;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NinerPilot said:
I think it will take more than 1 hour and 20 minutes.... ;)
Chris
Maybe, but I've heard you can make it there in less if you choose the right weapon. ;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, just in it. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts